PDA

View Full Version : New 110 Scout Rifle, factory peep sights are not workable

Pages : 1 2 [3]

doowroh
01-22-2020, 12:45 AM
Modifying for the A2 (or similar) adjustable front sight post is also what I think I would do had I not just given up and mounted a Sightron in the traditional location. Savage crapped the bed with the irons on this one.

3006mv
04-15-2020, 05:06 PM
I’m sorry to hear about your issues. I have the older model 11 and have not had an issue with my irons. My guess is that they used the front sight from this model which has a 2” longer barrel. Maybe the shorter barrel length of the new model with that same front sight is the cause of the this sighting issue.

NobSob
12-17-2020, 07:48 PM
I go hunting often, and I am asking about a rangefinder because I use one when I go hunting. It is something that can help a lot... I go hunting on my bike and when you hunt for small animals it is actually cool. I go everywhere on my bike, and it is great. My car is sitting in the garage all the time, and I drive it only when I go shopping for a lot of stuff. Anyway if anyone needs a good rangefinder (https://www.atncorp.com/range-finder), check out ATN website, you can use them for a lot of stuff.

Shuey327
03-04-2021, 11:28 PM
Has anybody tried rising the comb height provide for more adjustability in the rear sight? I took my 110 Scout to the range today and am suffering from the same problem. I've taken the rear peep as far back/down as you can and am still about 6 inches high.

GaCop
03-06-2021, 08:04 AM
Actually that’s not the way I see it... Move the rear sight in the same direction you wish to move the point of impact, or move the front sight in the opposite direction you wish to move the point of impact. That’s what I’ve always been taught. Perhaps I misunderstand though.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4042304&postcount=3:thumb::thumb:

GunRNer
08-09-2021, 10:50 PM
Hi,
I have the same problem with an Axis II scout in 7.62x39. Was getting light strikes too. Gunsmith says nothing wrong, sights all the way to bottom and left.