PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50

Pages : 1 [2]

bearcatrp
09-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Since you have the ability to say, how do they compare? obviously a decent price difference but.
Just comparing the glass shows the Burris a little better. Don't have rings for the Burris yet so once mounted I can give a better opinion. The Burris has more elevation and windage. Once mounted I'll be back for more comparison.

bearcatrp
10-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Got out to the range last Monday with both scopes. The Burris is on my creedmoor and the vortex is on the 308. Both are very close on glass but would give Burris the nod. The turret clicks are better on the Burris also. My shooting was at 100 yards. Will be shooting 500 to 1000 yards at the end of the month so this will tell the tale. For a couple hundred bucks more to get a FFP scope, will tell anyone to get a Burris XTR II in a heart beat.

Idaho
10-22-2016, 11:26 PM
Do you need high base rings for this scope or will medium height rings work?

bearcatrp
10-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Had to use high. But I have a 20 MOA rail on my rifle.

m12lrs
10-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Was going to get the hst. But at the.last minute my hand chose the PST. Never liked a lighted reticle but I really like.this one. This is the 2.5 to 10 on my hog gun. Same glass as the hst. Fine for.me. low light and dark woods that lighted reticle will shine.

The reticle is what Sold me
Simple.compact perfect for this lightweight AR

greyghost
11-08-2016, 11:03 PM
The HST works for me, The clicks are very solid, So far I really like it, Didn't need a lighted reticle for 250.00 more so went with the HST instead of PST this is my 4th Vortex and they have all worked well, Had a crossfire that the reticle came loose, But for the price I kinda figured it might break on me, They gave me my money back and I upgraded to the viper Have never had a problem with the viper line, Crossfire and diamondback line are their less expensive scopes. And the rifle I had it on kicked pretty bad I no longer have that rifle either,

FiveInADime
11-20-2016, 04:44 PM
The HST works for me, The clicks are very solid, So far I really like it, Didn't need a lighted reticle for 250.00 more so went with the HST instead of PST this is my 4th Vortex and they have all worked well, Had a crossfire that the reticle came loose, But for the price I kinda figured it might break on me, They gave me my money back and I upgraded to the viper Have never had a problem with the viper line, Crossfire and diamondback line are their less expensive scopes. And the rifle I had it on kicked pretty bad I no longer have that rifle either,
I miss the etched reticle on my PST when I'm using my HST. My brain does better calculating/measuring misses and holdover/windage with the PST reticle.

snipes
12-26-2016, 08:52 PM
Got out to the range last Monday with both scopes. The Burris is on my creedmoor and the vortex is on the 308. Both are very close on glass but would give Burris the nod. The turret clicks are better on the Burris also. My shooting was at 100 yards. Will be shooting 500 to 1000 yards at the end of the month so this will tell the tale. For a couple hundred bucks more to get a FFP scope, will tell anyone to get a Burris XTR II in a heart beat.

What are your thoughts after shooting them both at distance?

bearcatrp
12-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Burris defiantly beat the vortex. Burris cost more but worth every penny. At 500 yards the Burris was a bit more clearer. Your can tell the difference between a 34mm tube (Burris) vs a 30mm (Vortex). The vortex needs shims to get close to zero stop. The Burris is a true zero stop scope. Burris is a FFP scope, the vortex is not. Keeping both though. The vortex will stay on the 308, the Burris will be going on my 330LM since selling the creedmoor. Am set of both short/medium and long/real long range shooting. If you have the bucks, get the Burris. Took me 8 months to find the one I wanted with SCR MOA reticle. Found mine at whittakers cheaper than anywhere else.