PDA

View Full Version : Is Boyd's still around?

Pages : [1] 2

Don-T
07-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Anyone know if Boyd's is still in business? I ordered a stock in April and still haven't seen it. Emails are unanswered and phone calls are not answered or returned. Their website says "in process", of course it's said that for a couple of months now.

Brett
07-09-2016, 07:47 PM
I am on their mailing list and just received an email from them today. They were behind schedule and hard to get ahold of when I ordered my stock about a year ago.

darkker
07-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Rutland Plywood Corp. burnt to the ground several months ago, was posted about here. No surprise things are backed-up. Was big news in the shooting world when it happened. 95% of all the laminate stocks sold in the US come from them. I suspect that is why Boyd's is "Expanding" their facility, to be able to hold more blanks and offset this issue.

DrThunder88
07-10-2016, 09:53 AM
That fire was almost two years ago, and Boyds seems to be going through periods of varying behind-ness since then. They've never been great after the Rutland fire, but there were times when they'd ship in fairly reasonable amounts of time.

From my order history:
Ordered 12/14/2014 - Delivered 01/05/2015
Ordered 01/05/2015 - Delivered 01/15/2015
Ordered 01/07/2015 - Delivered 01/22/2015 (Return of the previous order)
Ordered 09/17/2015 - Delivered 10/05/2015

I'm not sure why most recent or earliest orders aren't in my account history. I don't remember the waits being excessive. At least that's never been my complaint about Boyds.

wbm
07-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Boyd's was closed from 4 to 8 July. They are moving to a new facility. Just got a new stock from them on Thursday and their Customer Service line is working.

Lonewulf
07-14-2016, 12:04 AM
have always had good service from them before, just order a stock tonight and then saw it was at least 2 weeks out :( will see what happens.

Doc S
07-17-2016, 08:12 PM
I've been waiting on three orders since May 22nd. I just emailed their customer service to cancel these orders. If it's going to take this long with such terrible customer service (The communication process on their end needs some serious work!), I'll take my business elsewhere.

Corey Schwanz
07-21-2016, 03:30 PM
I ordered a stock on June 23rd and just emailed a couple days ago to check the status. Got a reply the next morning saying they were behind on production times due to their move and an annual plant shutdown and was told 2-3 more weeks. Good response time on the email back to me, hopefully they make good on the 2-3 week time quote.

Don-T
07-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Well, my order from April 28 is still "in progress" with no estimate of completion.

mscott71
07-27-2016, 04:09 AM
They are still around. I ordered 3 Axis stocks June 6th and just got a shipping notice/tracking info today.

Don-T
07-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Finally got an email from them. No estimate of completion though. Only been three months now.

justinp61
07-30-2016, 02:41 PM
I was told three weeks for mine when I ordered, it came last week and took almost five weeks.

dieselmudder
07-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Are some models being produced and shipped faster than others? Been thinking about a thumbhole for my .22-250. More custom versions taking longer to complete?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

foxx
07-30-2016, 08:19 PM
^^^ I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. They might do them in batches when possible. I have been waiting quite a while for a few different models. I was last told they were expecting to be caught up the end of July. Still no sign of them.

Texas10
07-31-2016, 07:15 AM
Are some models being produced and shipped faster than others? Been thinking about a thumbhole for my .22-250. More custom versions taking longer to complete?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Go here; http://www.eabco.net/Savage-Thumbhole-Varmint-Stock_p_14233.html

These are made by Revolution. Look them up for other models.

Last thumbhole I ordered took 3 or 4 days to my door. They come with factory looking pillars already installed, and are pretty much drop in and go. You may need to order a new trigger guard if your 22-250 is a model 12FV, but that's only a couple of bucks. I bedded mine with Devcon 10110. Shoots very nice!

First Shirt
07-31-2016, 11:03 AM
I'd had good results from Boyd's for years, but the last order kinda soured me on them. Ordered a left-handed M-11 short-action stock, blind box mag, cut to 12.75" length of pull. Spent a good three hours getting the mag well inletted enough to actually get the action into the stock, and then discovered that the forward action screw hole was a full screw diameter off location. Called to send it back, and was told that because it was a custom order (short LOP), I couldn't return it.

Finally got it to work, but it took a lot more sweat and effort than it should have. Wound up accra-glassing the orginal hole, then drilling a new one, and glassing the bushing into the new hole.

Don-T
08-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Shazam, the Boyd's website says my stock has been completed and shipped! A bit over three months but at least they took $30 off. With my luck it'll get lost in the mail.

cttb
08-04-2016, 10:45 AM
I placed an order for a stock in May. I called 3-4 times without ever getting a person who could do anything other than take an order. I never received a return phone call. A few weeks ago, I received an email that said Boyd's was behind and would be caught up by the end of July. The website shows the order as still in progress.

If Boyd's had said it would take three months to get the stock, I would never have ordered one from them. I certainly will not be ordering from them again. My guess is they will be out of business within a year. From reading about Boyd's over the years, they've always had problems delivering. Instead of getting better, they're getting worse. When Boyd's website says they deliver in about two weeks, and they don't have any ability to meet that estimate (which they clearly don't), Boyd's is committing fraud, pure and simple.

FW Conch
08-04-2016, 12:08 PM
I ordered a stock from Boyd's last fall and had it in my hands in 10 days :-)

Tpsfoto
08-12-2016, 04:45 PM
If you want a Boyd stock and want it quick....DIP has several in stock....I just bought the thumbhole for a MKII for $99.00 plus ship
came to me in less than a week

https://www.diproductsinc.com
here is their website......they make great hardware and have some Boyd stocks