PDA

View Full Version : how many of you have this problem???

Pages : [1] 2

LongRange
09-27-2015, 03:09 PM
you go to the local sporting goods to buy ONE thing and walk out with more?

after doing a little research ive decided to start with the 140g berger hybrids instead of the 140g VLDs(which ive never had much luck with)when I start load development in the new bartlein barrel....I just wanted a 100 to make sure their going to shoot.

I call scheels to see if they have a box in stock...they had 1 box so I have them hold it...I live 30mins from scheels and the whole time I'm telling myself that all I need are the bullets(knowingly lying to myself)!! naturally I go check the powder list...8lb jugs of H4350...I have 20lbs and ALMOST bought a jug...8lb jugs of H4831sc I only have 12lbs...better get a jug LOL...CCI BR-2s...I only have 1700 better get a 1000 LOL!!

so instead of $50 bucks I walk out with $328 dollars of stuff I REALLY DID'NT need...maybe I should send the wife from now on!!

I also looked through a night force ATACR F-1 and am now not sure if I'm going to go with the vortex gen2 or the F-1...ive been shooting the SFP ATACR for about 4-5yrs now and am use to the turrets and reticle...im going to have to see if someone local has the gen2 I can look through before I decide...the F-1 is REAL nice and I really like the changes they made....

J.Baker
09-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Whew! When I saw this title the first thought that ran through my head was "Please don't let him be asking about E.D. on my forum." LOL

fgw_in_fla
09-27-2015, 06:42 PM
If you should experience a buying spree that last 4 hours or more, seek medical help immediately....

Oh and, long range - I'm just not seeing a problem there.
The 'lil woman might, but I don't.

LongRange
09-27-2015, 06:44 PM
The ED will be soon.

DrThunder88
09-27-2015, 08:45 PM
I have a similar problem, but mine is that I tend to buy stuff I haven't any need for, which causes me to think I have a need for even more stuff. Case in point: BHW recently had a sale on in-stock AR-10 barrels. I looked for a 243 barrel with specs to match my bolt gun. That was the only reason I was considering a barrel. I have a 308 AR that I don't shoot very often, so matching chamberings might make it more convenient. Anyway, I ended up with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, but I got it and thought, "Well, might as well put together another upper." So I did.

Twinsen
09-27-2015, 09:05 PM
You can't waste money on components. It just ain't possible.

fgw_in_fla
09-28-2015, 12:08 PM
You can't waste money on components. It just ain't possible.

You should try to convince my wife of that.

I have tried numerous times to convince her I really do need 22,385 rounds of 7n6 for my AK74's and 18,200 rounds of 7.62x39 for the other AK variants, 62lbs of asst. powders, more brass that I care to count, primers & bullets up the ying yang, on & on...

She just don't get it...

J.Baker
09-29-2015, 12:08 AM
I have a worse problem. I find that I often go to gun shops even though I don't need anything (usually just to see if there's anything I can't live without on the used gun rack) and end up walking out with a whole slew of stuff - anything/everything imaginable except a "new to me" used gun.

fgw_in_fla
09-29-2015, 08:10 AM
I have a worse problem. I find that I often go to gun shops even though I don't need anything (usually just to see if there's anything I can't live without on the used gun rack) and end up walking out with a whole slew of stuff - anything/everything imaginable except a "new to me" used gun.

I did something similar yesterday. Out of boredom I went over to the local Bass Pro. I ONLY needed some Sierra 150gr match & game king bullets. 2 boxes of each would have done it.
A few hundred bucks later, I have the Sierra bullets (6 boxes) I wanted and 4lbs of 7828 and a new Desantis holster and some more Hornady brass and bullet boxes and cleaning patches (4 bags) and a new knife and a new RCBS die set (30-06) and a couple Magpul AK47 grips and a new sling. I grabbed a new magazine on the way out, too.

cm12setx
09-29-2015, 02:50 PM
I did the same thing last week. At bass pro. I went to get one thing and walked out in trouble with the better half. But I can say it all was on sale.

LongRange
09-29-2015, 08:08 PM

Maybe we can get a "CCB" (compulsive component buyer)section and you can contact doctor Phil to be a mod in that section to help with our problem.

YDKDY
09-29-2015, 08:43 PM
You and your ilk are why I can't find components. But I completely understand the problem...

LongRange
09-29-2015, 09:02 PM
You and your ilk are why I can't find components. But I completely understand the problem...

If you cant find components your looking in the wrong places ;)
cabelas stocked
Scheels stocked
Sportsman warehouse stocked

Also look here www.gunbot.net click on reloading.

D.ID
09-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Guilty!

psharon97
09-29-2015, 10:28 PM
This is why I don't go to gun stores that often. I will find a use for a powder I just purchased. It might take a while, but I will find a use for it.

tweiss3
09-30-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm usually able to control myself, but only because I don't have any money. If I had a steady flow of play funds, I'd be in the same boat.

psharon97
09-30-2015, 11:09 AM
The worse time I've ever gone to a gun store and walked out with something I didn't need was when i got a deal on a Vortex PST 6-24 in FFP. Now I have a scope and no rifle to install it on...yet.

Dennis
09-30-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm Guilty as well. I need to keep an inventory on my personal shooting items. I definitely have more than I need and 3 of the same items. 6mm bullets, I definitely have a few thousand I am going to sell.

A couple of months ago, I sold off a lot of my extra's, but I have plenty more to sell. Just took a breather.

Dennis

Russ77
09-30-2015, 06:50 PM
The worse time I've ever gone to a gun store and walked out with something I didn't need was when i got a deal on a Vortex PST 6-24 in FFP. Now I have a scope and no rifle to install it on...yet.

Looks like it's time to go shopping for a rifle

Russ77
09-30-2015, 06:56 PM
I do the same. Right now I have one rifle, two kinds of Lubricant, two kinds of cleaner, three different bore jags, two brass and one nylon brush,about 1000 patches, a bore snake, two sets of eyes and ears, a bag of ear plugs,laser bore guide( kinda a waste of money), and two range bags. I may have a problem