PDA

View Full Version : how many of you have this problem???

Pages : 1 [2]

psharon97
09-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Looks like it's time to go shopping for a rifle

The action is on its way back from SSS. Had it Timed and Trued and had the bolt fluted lol.

Balljoint
09-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Been there done that and got all the tee' shirts

Stockrex
10-01-2015, 12:07 PM
what they say about looking and sinning, after my divorce, I was nearly bankrupt, and for nearly 2 years I did not look at anything I did not need (other than the classified here ;-))
I just did not venture out to any aisle than what I went in for say to cabelas. it was hard but I did it.

Dennis
10-01-2015, 05:20 PM
what they about looking and sinning, after my divorce, I was nearly bankrupt, and for nearly 2 years I did not look at anything I did not need (other than the classified here ;-))
I just did not venture out to any aisle than what I went in for say to cabelas. it was hard but I did it.

Your stronger than me!

243LPR
10-01-2015, 11:28 PM
This is why I don't go to gun stores that often. I will find a use for a powder I just purchased. It might take a while, but I will find a use for it.
If you have to build a new gun to do it!

langenc
10-21-2015, 08:55 PM
op said 'maybe should have sent wife'. Really// Maybe she would stop at the fabric shop and stock up.

Just remember about the bullets--He who dies w/ the most bullets WINS!!!

J.Baker
10-22-2015, 06:29 AM
Last Saturday I went to a small AR specialty shop with the sole intention of buying one thing - a bolt carrier group. Walk in the door and start looking around for the BCG's and immediately I start seeing things I need. A lot of BS'ing and about an hour later I walk out having spent $240 in cash on AR parts and ordering in another $200 worth of stuff. How the bejesus did that happen????

LongRange
10-22-2015, 08:21 AM
op said 'maybe should have sent wife'. Really// Maybe she would stop at the fabric shop and stock up.

Just remember about the bullets--He who dies w/ the most bullets WINS!!!

no she has a one track mind...she goes grocery shopping...$200-$225 and comes home with a weeks worth of food...i go grocrey shopping...$300-$325 and who knows what im going to come home with.

Last Saturday I went to a small AR specialty shop with the sole intention of buying one thing - a bolt carrier group. Walk in the door and start looking around for the BCG's and immediately I start seeing things I need. A lot of BS'ing and about an hour later I walk out having spent $240 in cash on AR parts and ordering in another $200 worth of stuff. How the bejesus did that happen????

see what i mean? you go in with a plan and come out broke.

fgw_in_fla
10-22-2015, 08:31 AM
Here's one for ya.

Last Friday I ask the wife if she wants to take a ride to BassPro. I figure I'll just grab a couple bags of Win .308 brass and head for the door. The 'lil woman will make sure of it.

As I walk past the gun counter I see the regular guy I know and he immediately pulls out the Ruger GP100 / 357 / 6in. barrel pistol I always fondle when I go there. I've been pondering & fondling it for about a month. The regular gun counter guy I know always takes it out for me to drool over. Don't know why. I just like the way it feels & looks.
As I stand there worshipping the GP100 the wife mentions "Hey, its on sale..."

$950 later I walk out with the .308 brass I originally went for, a couple cans of RL25, some .308 bullets, a few odds & ends and this-
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/fgwinfla/gp100%20002.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/fgwinfla/media/gp100%20002.jpg.html)

Shot it for the first time on Monday. Smooooooootthhhh handling for a .357. Smoother than my wife's S&W 686 in 357.

And so it goes.
Along with making every reasonable attempt to not overspend your budget, you never know when the wife will have a moment of sanity and encourage you to buy a $700 handgun.
Isn't life grand?....

LongRange
10-22-2015, 09:33 AM
does your wife have a sister LOL!!!

fgw_in_fla
10-22-2015, 09:37 AM
does your wife have a sister LOL!!!

I had a feeling some of you guys would ask that.
No sister but she does have a brother that's a low life scum sucking dirt ball bottom dwelling schmuck.

I wouldn't wish him on an ex-wife.
Well, maybe the 3rd one....

yobuck
10-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Here's one for ya.

Last Friday I ask the wife if she wants to take a ride to BassPro. I figure I'll just grab a couple bags of Win .308 brass and head for the door. The 'lil woman will make sure of it.

As I walk past the gun counter I see the regular guy I know and he immediately pulls out the Ruger GP100 / 357 / 6in. barrel pistol I always fondle when I go there. I've been pondering & fondling it for about a month. The regular gun counter guy I know always takes it out for me to drool over. Don't know why. I just like the way it feels & looks.
As I stand there worshipping the GP100 the wife mentions "Hey, its on sale..."

$950 later I walk out with the .308 brass I originally went for, a couple cans of RL25, some .308 bullets, a few odds & ends and this-
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/fgwinfla/gp100%20002.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/fgwinfla/media/gp100%20002.jpg.html)

Shot it for the first time on Monday. Smooooooootthhhh handling for a .357. Smoother than my wife's S&W 686 in 357.

And so it goes.
Along with making every reasonable attempt to not overspend your budget, you never know when the wife will have a moment of sanity and encourage you to buy a $700 handgun.
Isn't life grand?....

Did you feed the livestock on the way in Frank?

Anyway i only do what i do to assure my kids, grandkids, and great grandkids have plenty of stuff.
That way they can just concentrate on earning a living and leave all the foolish mind boggeling stuff to me.
And (finally) i got the right wind meaning none, and picked off one of those big black birds sitting atop a high tree at about 250 yds with my 17 rem lol.