PDA

View Full Version : 260 LC Brass

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

eddiesindian
06-30-2015, 10:16 PM
I've tried them and in true LC fashion, they,ve performed excellent.
Can't go wrong fellas.
Gent out of Concho AZ does all the processing of once fired lc 308 down to 260.
Found it thru gun broker.
I necked some down myself and I will gladly admitt it's a lot of work. ,Matt has the process down to perfection.

dougbug
06-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Is there a link or point of contact? db

stomp442
06-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Yep this is what I use as well but I have no problem making my own. Good stuff.

eddiesindian
07-01-2015, 12:32 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=489205165

eddiesindian
07-01-2015, 12:55 AM
This brass out performs other over priced brass. Sure it's thicker walls equate to less volume but for me? I have no need to torch the pills out at blazing speeds. Even if I do,the primer pockets have held there own. My load development has shown negative results from barrel burning charge weights.
You can't beat the price either. I guarantee they,ll out last "most other brands".
I necked down some of my once fired LC but when I saw the cost of 200 pieces of Matts processed lc delivered?. ...I didn't hesitate

stomp442
07-01-2015, 09:42 AM
You get less volume with the LC brass but I have also found that I get 50-60fps more speed while using about one grain less powder with this brass over standard Winchester or Remington. The only problem I have ever had with forming brass from LC Match cases is that I could not get them to chamber my current Mcgowen barrel. I even spoke with Dennis when I first received the barrel and explained the issue I was having. He told me to try Lapua brass before sending the barrel back for inspection and the Lapua cases fit like a glove and this barrel has been by far the most accurate one I have had on the gun.

LongRange
07-01-2015, 09:47 AM
thats a good deal for LC ready to load....one thing you guys need to watch is the neck thickness if you buy brass from this guy...he states a loaded neck size of .296.5 AVG....most 260 chambers are .297 and shilens tactical chamber is .296 so the LC brass should be turned so you get .002 or .003 clearance.

for $50 bucks per 100 i think im going to have to pick up a 100 thanks eddie.

eddiesindian
07-01-2015, 10:27 AM
You get less volume with the LC brass but I have also found that I get 50-60fps more speed while using about one grain less powder with this brass over standard Winchester or Remington. The only problem I have ever had with forming brass from LC Match cases is that I could not get them to chamber my current Mcgowen barrel. I even spoke with Dennis when I first received the barrel and explained the issue I was having. He told me to try Lapua brass before sending the barrel back for inspection and the Lapua cases fit like a glove and this barrel has been by far the most accurate one I have had on the gun.

Had the same issues with a tight chamber on one of my riggs but I was able to resolve it using a small base die.

For me?...Norma and Lapua brass have worked like a charm...but the cost made me reevaluate

eddiesindian
07-01-2015, 10:59 AM
thats a good deal for LC ready to load....one thing you guys need to watch is the neck thickness if you buy brass from this guy...he states a loaded neck size of .296.5 AVG....most 260 chambers are .297 and shilens tactical chamber is .296 so the LC brass should be turned so you get .002 or .003 clearance.

for $50 bucks per 100 i think im going to have to pick up a 100 thanks eddie.

that was my main concern. I miced one of my fired cases at the neck and with the mic reading Matt gave me on one of his processed brass pieces with a 264 pill pressed in?...It was going to be close. I purchased 20 from him, loaded them up, miced them, and gave them a go. Just to be sure, I reloaded and used those 20 --5 times over.
O
In LC fashion?...they,ve worked great.
Sure the case thickness lends itself to less volume and the alloys the LC is made from leans towards stiffness and "some" spring back after FL sizing but the life exceeds most brands. I collet size all my target riggs brass so spring back isn't that much of an issue until I have to FL small base size, I simple run the brass into the die twice and slowly at that. Annealing helps tremendouly
I have more that 30 firings on some of my once fired LC 308 that been thru some of my 308 gas and bolt guns. Out of the 1000 pieces I purchased years ago, Ive only had to chunk a mere 2% of them from fatigue.
I orderd 200 from him and if you do decide to gets some, you,ll be surprised by the quality.

LongRange
07-01-2015, 12:01 PM
that was my main concern. I miced one of my fired cases at the neck and with the mic reading Matt gave me on one of his processed brass pieces with a 264 pill pressed in?...It was going to be close. I purchased 20 from him, loaded them up, miced them, and gave them a go. Just to be sure, I reloaded and used those 20 --5 times over.
O
In LC fashion?...they,ve worked great.
Sure the case thickness lends itself to less volume and the alloys the LC is made from leans towards stiffness and "some" spring back after FL sizing but the life exceeds most brands. I collet size all my target riggs brass so spring back isn't that much of an issue until I have to FL small base size, I simple run the brass into the die twice and slowly at that. Annealing helps tremendouly
I have more that 30 firings on some of my once fired LC 308 that been thru some of my 308 gas and bolt guns. Out of the 1000 pieces I purchased years ago, Ive only had to chunk a mere 2% of them from fatigue.
I orderd 200 from him and if you do decide to gets some, you,ll be surprised by the quality.

good to know...like i said im going to try a 100 and see how they hold up...i lost 9 pieces of lapua in the 30" criterion barrel with fairly light loads of RL-17 and H4350...i guess the extra 2" changes the pressures quite a bit.

upSLIDEdown
07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Noticed his username on Gunbroker... Wonder if that's the same Grumpa that I bought 500 cases of 300BLK from a while back on the blackout forum.

eddiesindian
07-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Very possible. Hats off to the gent. You can pick up unclean ed unprocessed once fired lc cheap. That's what he,s done. He mentioned other calibers he processes from the 308 cartridge. Hey, if you got the tools,know how and the time? .....go for it.

upSLIDEdown
07-02-2015, 02:13 AM
Definitely. The Blackout brass I got from him (assuming it's the same guy) was freaking top notch.

eddiesindian
07-02-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm really pist at myself for investing into nosler. Those 100 bucks could of gone for 200 more LC. OH WELL........live and learn

upSLIDEdown
07-03-2015, 01:42 AM
Hah, yeah. I haven't heard much good about it, especially for the money...

eddiesindian
07-04-2015, 03:45 AM
One thing to note on the lc brass is that after 6 Collett sizings The neck tension of all the brass feels the same on each while pressing the pills in. I can't say the same about nosler

Txhillbilly
07-06-2015, 08:02 PM
It's just too easy resizing quality 243 brass into 260 brass. Run it through the resizing die and load it,no neck turning,etc. like you have to do with 308 brass.

stomp442
07-07-2015, 09:14 AM
It's not like neck turning is all that hard. One extra step one time is really not that big of a deal. These guys are buying the brass already fully prepped so they are only having to load it and shoot it anyways.

LongRange
07-07-2015, 09:24 AM
It's not like neck turning is all that hard. One extra step one time is really not that big of a deal. These guys are buying the brass already fully prepped so they are only having to load it and shoot it anyways.

yep...plus with necking down and turning 308 brass you can adjust the neck clearance and reduce some of the over working when sizing the necks.

eddiesindian
07-07-2015, 11:53 PM
For $168 delivered of 300 LC 260 BRASS ready to load? To me..that's a hell of a deal.
Where are you going to find LC Brass in 243.
LC brass will without a doubt out last other over priced brass.
FYI. He doesn't turn the necks. He reams the inside of the neck to get them to specs.
When you get the brass you don't need to turn the necks either unless you have a tactical chamber as Dave has mentioned.
I miced about 75 cases and they all miced .294. My stock LRP has a .297 chamber at the neck.
I didn't have to do anything. Just load and shoot.
Even if you do have a tactical chamber, it may be possible that you won't have to turn the necks.
Just have to w a it for long range to give them a go and see what he finds out.
This was my outcome doing nothing to the brass but charge/seat at different depths / and hit pay dirt at .020 from the lands. 5 shot pattern.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/20150704_133020_zpszfesdmdc.jpg (http://s182.photobucket.com/user/eddies880/media/20150704_133020_zpszfesdmdc.jpg.html)