PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 12FV and 12 FCV?

Pages : [1] 2

Texas10
06-13-2015, 06:35 AM
I can't find a model 12 FV on the Savage website, but I see Cabela's is advertising the model 12FV for $379.00 for Fathers Day. They both appear to be synthetic stock, center feed, heavy barrel, with accutrigger. Does one have the Accustock and the other not? Or is the FV a model specific to Cabelas?

Thinking of one for my son.

J.Baker
06-13-2015, 07:21 AM
The FCV has a detachable magazine whereas the FV has a blind magazine. Savage discontinued the 12 FV in favor of the FCV a year or two ago, so the FV is likely a special order for Cabelas and as such who knows what the spec's are as far as the stock and other accompaniments go.

BowNut
06-13-2015, 09:44 PM
I bought a 12 FV 22-250 through LGS. Blind mag, not the accu stock! Stock was POS. Warped. Action was exceptionally smooth machinework. fired thre shots for fouling/sighting, next four were .340 ragged hole.

foxx
06-13-2015, 09:49 PM
I just picked up one of the Cabela's model 12FV's. It has a wide, flat fore arm. Accutrigger, round back, center feed, slotted barrel nut, large bolt handle, steal trigger guard and top bolt release. It's an awesome deal. Better yet, there is a $100 rebate on them thru the end of June. If you can find one, get it! I think they were all sold, nationwide, this last Thursday, the day they went on sale.

It's not an Accustock, but for $279.99 who gives a dang?!

devildogandboy
06-13-2015, 10:28 PM
foxx, i don't see the FV on their rebate list, you sure the rebate is good on this model? even at $379 that's not a bad price. i'm looking at the .204 as i don't have one yet.

Bruce

foxx
06-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Yes. The form says ANY model 12... the list on the website is just a list of links to their various model 12's, but does not include all 12's. I tried entering the code on the online form and it said it does not qualify... I then called the rebate center, they said the same thing... I said, "The form says ANY model 12", so they agreed to check with the factory and then they called me back saying it DOES qualify, I can go ahead and send it in, but not to pre-register with the form online. Just do it manually.

devildogandboy
06-14-2015, 09:36 AM
great! i feel a .204 is in my immediate future, better get to Cabelas soon! thanks foxx!

Bruce

cowtownup
06-14-2015, 10:02 AM
So the 22.250, 204 and the 223 all have the same boltface? Then the 308 boltface is bigger?

Also, can anybody tell me what the action screw spacing is on these short actions? Is it 4.4" spacing?

Hotolds442
06-14-2015, 01:18 PM
The 22/250 has the same boltface as the 308,243,30/06, etc.....

More information can be found here:
http://www.savageshooters.com/PDF_Files/WhatFits.pdf

Texas10
06-14-2015, 02:56 PM
I got the last Model 12 FV in 223 that the local Cabela's had today. Good thing they were having a slow weekend due to the new Bass Pro opening up, or I'd have missed this one.

Foxx, is the link to that rebate page on the Savage website, or is it a Cabela's rebate?

Now for a new stock from E.A. Brown (comes with pillars installed) and some glass.

foxx
06-14-2015, 04:09 PM
here is the link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/promotions/web/sa117/SA117_SavageArmsCoupon_web_f.pdf

there is a place you can "pre-qualify" the UPC code and kind of get into the system before mailing off your forms. You can try it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't accept your UPC code, and don't get discouraged, either. You might call the customer service number and talk to them about it, but be sure to not let them say it doesn't qualify, because it DOES.

Texas10
06-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Perfect! Thanks for the kind help, Foxx. I"ll mail it off tomorrow and use the money for a new stock.

Texas10
06-14-2015, 07:56 PM
NOTE: I've posted the below as a new thread.

During the initial clean up I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of rust looking gook in the chamber. I chamber brushed it a little, cleaned and re-examined but it still didn't look near as good as my BVSS chamber. The first half to three quarters inch look pretty rough.

I chambered several unfired Hornaday brass and each time the bolt was stiff in closing as well as opening. The brass came out with half a dozen deep scratches/gouges that also left brass streaks imbedded in the chamber in several places. The gouges in the brass were deep enough to easily catch my fingernail making it questionable for safely reloading.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

quarterbore
06-15-2015, 04:37 PM
here is the link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/promotions/web/sa117/SA117_SavageArmsCoupon_web_f.pdf

there is a place you can "pre-qualify" the UPC code and kind of get into the system before mailing off your forms. You can try it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't accept your UPC code, and don't get discouraged, either. You might call the customer service number and talk to them about it, but be sure to not let them say it doesn't qualify, because it DOES.

I just called the customer service number and was told by them that the 12FV I bought at Cabela's yesterday didn't qualify. They told me it wasn't on the list of covered model 12's.

foxx
06-15-2015, 04:47 PM
It does. Have them call the factory. THe brochure and card says "Buy ANY model 12". I've already been down that path with them. They called me back after confirming with the factory and was assured that I was right. ANY model 12.

quarterbore
06-15-2015, 04:48 PM
Do you have the name of the person you talked to?

foxx
06-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Lisa. I still have the voicemail message that she left me on my phone.

BTW, what Cabelas did you get that from? Saginaw and Dundee told me they were out of them.

quarterbore
06-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Grandville. I got both a 204 and a 223

foxx
06-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Cool. THey told me the closest place that had any was KC, MO

quarterbore
06-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Just called back and talked to Tammy. She said that it wasn't eligible. I told her that Lisa had verified with Savage and it was in fact eligible. Lisa was out of the office but she was going to check with her tomorrow to verify. Tammy seems to be under the impression that Lisa mad an exception for you.