PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 12FV and 12 FCV?

Pages : 1 [2]

foxx
06-15-2015, 05:08 PM
THat does not make sense. I bought 3 of those expecting rebates from all of them. The card and brochure is so clear. "ANY model 12." Also, the words on her message to me was "...there was a mistake made, that is a valid gun so it's gonna take a while for them to get that all updated on the website so if you just wanna manually mail everything in that'll go quicker..."

gotcha
06-15-2015, 07:39 PM
NOTE: I've posted the below as a new thread.

During the initial clean up I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of rust looking gook in the chamber. I chamber brushed it a little, cleaned and re-examined but it still didn't look near as good as my BVSS chamber. The first half to three quarters inch look pretty rough.

I chambered several unfired Hornaday brass and each time the bolt was stiff in closing as well as opening. The brass came out with half a dozen deep scratches/gouges that also left brass streaks imbedded in the chamber in several places. The gouges in the brass were deep enough to easily catch my fingernail making it questionable for safely reloading.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Now you know why it was the last one left in stock. Take it back to Store and ask for money back or contact Salvage and go through the factory return hassle.

foxx
06-15-2015, 07:51 PM
Tex, I have no idea what would cause what you describe. I'd say contact Savage. They stand behind their products. They price you paid for it makes it worth taking the time to allow them to make repairs under warranty or replace, as far as I am concerned.

Texas10
06-15-2015, 09:16 PM
I've made arrangements to return it to Savage for warranty work. It'll take a while, i'm sure, but like you say, it's worth getting it fixed right and under warranty.

cowtownup
06-15-2015, 09:23 PM
I drove to Cabelas today to get this rifle and got a notice on quarterbore's post while on the way.. I'm going to call tomorrow and use the ole "Buy any Model 12" line and make sure they are going to honor this before I get this rifle.. I need that $100 to buy a stock for this thing cause the one on it has got to go... LOL

foxx
06-16-2015, 10:08 AM
I just submitted UPC and S/N online and it went thru. I think the issues have been resolved. Rebates should go thru now. FANTASTIC deal!

cowtownup
06-16-2015, 01:58 PM
I bought one today in 22-250. They have to get it from another store. I called this morning and gave the SKU number from Cabelas and was told it does qualify. Thw guy at the counter at Cabelas thinks I'm gonna be disappointed.. Time will tell...

Texas10
06-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Foxx,

I just tried the online form here (http://sporting.myonlinerebate.com/10067/ ) and my application was REJECTED as not eligible.

Is this the website you went to?

foxx
06-16-2015, 08:12 PM
make sure you use ALL the numbers for the UPC code. Start from far left and go all the way over to the right. If it is still rejected, call the rebate center. It's valid.

Texas10
06-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Got it, Thanks! Cabelas had placed their yellow colored sticker with bar code over the original Savage bar code sticker. The number I needed was hidden underneath. I called the hot line and they straightened me out. It's on the way :smile-new:

Rosco
06-19-2015, 06:53 PM
There UPC database seems to be still not completely updated. I have 2 and one them went through fine, while the other would not. Will have to call on Monday since they are closed for the weekend.

quarterbore
06-19-2015, 08:54 PM
There UPC database seems to be still not completely updated. I have 2 and one them went through fine, while the other would not. Will have to call on Monday since they are closed for the weekend.

I also had problems. I got my 204 to accept right away. My 223 wouldn't go at all. After multiple phone conversations with the rebate center, I got phone authorization today. Seems to be that the 223's were a special run specifically for Cabela's, and that's why they aren't registering. I have to mail everything to a different PO box for that one, but the $100 coupon is valid.

foxx
06-19-2015, 10:47 PM
All of these 12fv's were a Cabella's exclusive

quarterbore
06-20-2015, 06:33 AM
All of these 12fv's were a Cabella's exclusive

Just what she told me.