PDA

View Full Version : 10FCP-SR problem

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bandj524
04-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Well I finally got to the range with my new 10FCP-SR and with 2 known good scopes the rifle shoots way left so far as it maxed out the windage and still was 1 1/2 inch left of the bulls eye. both scopes were taken off and remounted twice and correctly torqued. it shot great groups but just way left. has anyone ever seen this before and if so what is the fix? By the way this was at 50 yards never made it to 100.
thanks in advance

GaCop
04-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Look at windage adjustable rings (Millet, Weaver), they may help you out. Are you using a one piece mount or two pieces? One of the best one piece mounts is the Evolution Gun Work (EGW).

bandj524
04-05-2015, 03:14 PM
I am using the one piece picatinny rail that came with the gun. I've just never ran into this problem before. I'm wondering if the problem is in the rifle? I'm thinking I should call and see about sending it in to be looked at.

JCinPA
04-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Long video, but your answer is a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRAX5OLtJE

Get them anywhere, Amazon, Optics Planet, Brownells, Midway.

bandj524
04-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Well I pulled everything off the rifle. Installed the base and torqued. Installed the lower half of the base and torqued. Installed scope with bubble level. Installed top half of the rings and torqued all 12 screws. Mechanically zeroed the scope. Pulled the bolt and bore sighted. The mechanical zero on the scope was very close to being on. I will take the rifle out next Sat. and hopefully it will work out. If not I guess it is off to savage for a looking over. I just don't understand why I would have to use windage adjustable rings or ring inserts on a brand new rifle that the scope and rings performed perfectly on a different rifle. I'm not saying there could be something wrong with the rifle. But walks like a duck quacks like a duck probably is a duck. Hopefully not though.

miscverb
04-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Well I pulled everything off the rifle. Installed the base and torqued. Installed the lower half of the base and torqued. Installed scope with bubble level. Installed top half of the rings and torqued all 12 screws. Mechanically zeroed the scope. Pulled the bolt and bore sighted. The mechanical zero on the scope was very close to being on. I will take the rifle out next Sat. and hopefully it will work out. If not I guess it is off to savage for a looking over. I just don't understand why I would have to use windage adjustable rings or ring inserts on a brand new rifle that the scope and rings performed perfectly on a different rifle. I'm not saying there could be something wrong with the rifle. But walks like a duck quacks like a duck probably is a duck. Hopefully not though.

let us know how it turns out. i have the fcp as well and it has been a tack driver. i am using a nikon scope with leupold low rings. just out of curiosity what scopes are you using?

bandj524
04-06-2015, 11:47 PM
zeiss conquest hd5 5-25x50 and a Nikon buck master off my sons 308. both have been dependable on other rifles. that's what has me stumped.

bandj524
04-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Well back from the range and still shooting hard left. I guess its off to savage next week.

bandj524
04-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Well just got off the phone with Savage CS and it was very pleasant explained the problem and Savage is covering shipping to and from it will be on the big brown truck tomorrow. I am extremely pleased with their CS hopefully they can figure out the problem and get it resolved.

WinnieTheBoom
04-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Savage is usually pretty good about CS. Quality control is always a crap shoot, especially with how many rifles they sell - there's bound to be some duds. Sucks that you have to deal with it but they will undoubtedly take care of you.

bandj524
04-23-2015, 04:22 PM
I have no doubt they will take care of it. They were great over the phone. They issued a ups tag and the gun was picked up by UPS the next afternoon. It should be there tomorrow. I have several savage rifles and they are all tight shooters and I have no doubt that this one will be too when it comes back.

Kkern
04-25-2015, 05:38 AM
Tagged

bandj524
05-06-2015, 03:37 PM
just got off the phone with Savage CS and they told me that my rifle was in the process of being re-barreled and will be retested after that. hopefully I will have my rifle back soon. I told them to take all the time they needed so it will be right when I receive it back. They told me that they would not send it back until it was thoroughly checked over. CS has been great so far.

tufrthnails
05-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Did you happen to ask why it was being rebarreled as in what specifically was wrong with the original barrel?

bandj524
05-07-2015, 01:14 PM
I called and at 1230 today and the CS rep said that the gunsmiths notes just said it was getting a new barrel. I asked to speak with the gunsmith and she said that the smiths didn't talk to the customers. Then I asked if she could speak with the smith and have him put what was wrong with the original barrel and she said she would try and find out. I guess I will call again tomorrow and see is she did. I am kind of curious too.

bandj524
05-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Called CS and the smith said in his notes that there was an issue with the rifling in the last 5-6 inches of the barrel (old barrel) and with the new barrel installed the rifle has passed the range test. They also replaced the faulty magazine (although they have already sent me a replacement via ups) I told them that I already have a new replacement mag and she said to keep it and I'll get a new one when my rifle ships which should be in a couple of days (so I get a free magazine). The gunsmith is giving it one final lookover and cleaning and into shipping it goes.

miscverb
05-14-2015, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the update.

bandj524
05-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Well the CS rep called and told me the smith found another problem and they would be sending me a new rifle instead of the one I sent in. kind of weird that the rifle passed the range test (twice) and was going to be sent back to me then all of a sudden it is found to be defective and is going to be replaced with a new one. something does not sound right. But anyway we shall see when I actually get a rifle back. but on a different note the CS has been great they can only tell me what is in the notes from the smith.

Kkern
05-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Very weird indeed.....was the "original" rifle a Cabela's model ?

bandj524
05-23-2015, 12:05 PM
No it was an accu-stock version. its just weird that the CS rep's I spoke with before kept telling me it passed the range test with flying colors and it would be shipped out after cleaning and then I get a call that I would be getting a NEW rifle to replace mine. Just makes you wonder HUH. All I have to say is that the new one better shoot great. they have had my rifle over a month now just to tell me I'm getting a new one. If it wasn't for the CS rep's being so nice on the phone I think I would have already blown a gasket at one of the. well enough venting.