PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Know Your Getting Old

Pages : [1] 2 3

Balljoint
03-20-2015, 03:58 PM
I know when mr beard gets GRAYER every time i trim it.
How about you???

LoneWolf
03-20-2015, 04:12 PM
I know I'm pretty young compared to most of you gents, but I realized I was getting older when I started to flop instead of bounce.

It hurts so much more when I hit the ground these days.

wbm
03-20-2015, 04:50 PM
At my age "old" is right out. "Older" is much better.

Remember the famous Satchel Page quote "how old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

BillPa
03-20-2015, 07:41 PM
I know when mr beard gets GRAYER every time i trim it.
How about you???

When everyone addresses you as "Sir" ya know ya made it! Example.....

I went to the local gin mill one evening for a couple brews. When a cute little thing came walking by I leaned back on the stool, puffed my chest out and asked, "Where have you been all my life"?

She looked a me a few seconds, "Well Sir, for the most of it I don't think I was even alive".

Bill

foxx
03-20-2015, 07:42 PM
I can't remember the last time I stood up without groaning!

D.ID
03-20-2015, 08:31 PM
I can't remember the last time I got up................down...............or hit the ground without pain.
Mamma always said I was a gluten for punishment. A couple years back I finely realized how right she was.

Nor Cal Mikie
03-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I've known it for quite a while but really realized it when my Great Grand Daughter started driving and just turned 17 years old.
How old would I be if I didn't know how old I was? Depends on which day it is.
Probably around 45 or 50 if I didn't work myself to death the day before. Some things don't get done quite as fast as they use to.

fgw_in_fla
03-20-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't "age"-
I have always maintained my youthful looks & charm.

Besides, it hurts too much to age.

J.Baker
03-21-2015, 05:41 AM
I realized I was getting older when...

1. I noticed if I let my hair grow to more than 1/2" long I can actually notice it's grey.
2. I noticed I have to pluck random ear hairs more often than I do random long nose hairs.

The third and final sign I have noticed is a mystery I've yet to figure out, but somehow or another with each passing year the ground gets further and further away. Now I know my legs aren't getting any longer and I know my arms haven't gotten shorter, so clearly it's the result of some unknown phenomenon that science has yet to be able to explain.

olddav
03-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Don't want to alarm anyone but I think the ground is getting closer. It's funny but it seems that without machanical assistance, I will never be more than 6ft from the surface of the ground.

yobuck
03-21-2015, 09:25 AM
At my age "old" is right out. "Older" is much better.

Remember the famous Satchel Page quote "how old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

Not many if any here ever saw old Satchel pitch, but i did.
I can also remember Connie Mack managing the Philadelphia A's
Also the (Boston) Braves before Milwaukee then Atlanta.

mattri
03-21-2015, 11:02 AM
A buddy of mine says "if we thought we were going to live this long we'd have taken much better care of ourselves".

That used to be funny.

JASmith
03-21-2015, 11:25 AM
We don't grow old --- we just collect more scars!

wbm
03-21-2015, 12:17 PM
I've yet to figure out, but somehow or another with each passing year the ground gets further and further away.

Jim you have a disease known as Terrestrial Hyeropia. Unfortunately there is no known cure. I have the other form of the disease Terrestrial Myopia.

EFBell
03-21-2015, 02:01 PM
You know you are getting old when you start bidding to replace the projects you installed.

Hallbilly
03-21-2015, 11:35 PM
You know you are getting old when you start bidding to replace the projects you installed.

Very true EFBell, I'm overhauling stuff that I never expected (Or wanted) to ever see again.
Funny how the family motto still applies "Jobs not complete until you've bled on it".

Hotolds442
03-22-2015, 01:04 AM
You know you're old when the clear-cuts you hunted as a teenager are clear-cuts again.

sniper15545
03-22-2015, 01:30 AM
When you pee on your shoes!!!

sc1911cwp
03-22-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't smile anymore, it causes more wrinkles.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'WOW . . . What a ride!' "

Nor Cal Mikie
03-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Try this: https://www.youtube.com/embed/LR2qZ0A8vic?rel=0