PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Know Your Getting Old

Pages : 1 [2] 3

sharpshooter
03-24-2015, 12:04 AM
You know your old when you look all over hell for your glasses, then someone points out they're stuck to your forehead.:cool:

EFBell
03-24-2015, 05:51 AM
You know your old when you look all over hell for your glasses, then someone points out they're stuck to your forehead.:cool:

Hell, I was doing that when I was young... Except it was my welding helmet, not my glasses. Hey, it was the 70's-80's after all. ;)

fgw_in_fla
03-24-2015, 07:48 AM

Sounds like a recent morning when I was walking around the house cursing looking for my keys.
Only to find I had them in my hand.

I can't say what my wife called my but I can say it was a slang reference to a part of the human body, also referred to as a sphincter.

yobuck
03-24-2015, 08:54 AM
When you pee on your shoes!!!

I always did that and not because i was old.
It just gets worse when your old, especially on cold days.

J.Baker
03-24-2015, 11:32 AM
This is one I ran into not to long ago....when no matter how hard you squint or how close or far away you hold it, you can't read the small writing on a case head to tell if it says .222 or .223.

fgw_in_fla
03-24-2015, 11:48 AM
This is one I ran into not to long ago....when no matter how hard you squint or how close or far away you hold it, you can't read the small writing on a case head to tell if it says .222 or .223.

Or the difference between a .270 & a .280 case.

Took me 20 minutes to unstick the **** thing from the chamber.

LoneWolf
03-24-2015, 11:53 AM
I should develope some high end reloading glasses for the disgruntled old reloaders. Bet I could make a fortune! Just call them "high-speed tactical HD reloading glasses"

J.Baker
03-24-2015, 01:18 PM
They'll sell for twice as much if you use the word tactical in the title - and for 4x as much if they say tactical and are matte black.

EFBell
03-24-2015, 06:11 PM
ha-ha... I have a clamp on articulating or pantograph (or whatever the heck you call it) magnifying loop with a light built in at the reloading bench now. I also have a 2.5 diopter lens in my welding helmet now.

mattri
03-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Too true!! That was a good one!

mikein
03-24-2015, 08:42 PM
And then, there's the use of new "texting codes" that you need to use:

ATD -at the doctor. BFF -best friend fell.
BTW - bring the wheelchair .
BYOT -bring your own teeth.
FWIW -forgot where I was.
GGPBL -gotta go, pacemaker battery low.
GHA -got heartburn again.
IMHO -is my hearing aid on?
LMDO -laughing my dentures out.
OMMR -on my massage recliner.
ROFLACGU -rolling on floor laughing and can't get up.
TTYL -talk to you louder!

tufrthnails
03-24-2015, 11:45 PM
I actually have a primitive Island Hunt that I do every year in N Fl. I gauge myself by how badly it kicks my butt every year. It is a lot of fun. St. Vincents Island is name of the Refuge if anyone is interested in checking it out. http://www.fws.gov/saintvincent/ We hunt the last hunt of the season which is mid Jan and makes for decent weather most of the time. I hunt 3.6 miles for our camp so the journey out there and back every morning with gear is a nice gauge. They do a few Meat runs where they will pick up you and your field dressed game on designated trails. I have yet to get picked for the Sambar deer hunt. But have seen at least one on each trip. Pigs used to abound but they went in and did some night hunting and removed hundreds of pigs a night or so the story goes. But there are a lot less pigs on the Island the last three years.

D.ID
03-25-2015, 12:21 AM
Oh yes, the hunt.
In my case it's a steep elk hunt up the same ridges each year.
Who will say it first. How far up the hill were we when someone lets it slip..........."I'm gettin to old for this"
Then the shot and we might as well be school boys Invincible to the bottom of the hill with elk quarters.
Followed by the next day of "may not be able to do it much longer, next year those dang horses are going to finally earn there keep"......... but we both know better.

'I'm gettin to old for this"

Hallbilly
03-25-2015, 03:03 AM
Now when I ignore the good lady wife it's because I Really didn't hear her.

Stockrex
03-25-2015, 10:18 AM
you know you are old when you realize you have jiggly eyelids :o:o:o:o:o

I was out on my jog and had to stop and go "what the ..." cuz my lids were bouncing with each step.... :-(

fgw_in_fla
03-28-2015, 09:54 AM
I actually have a primitive Island Hunt that I do every year in N Fl. I gauge myself by how badly it kicks my butt every year. It is a lot of fun. St. Vincents Island is name of the Refuge if anyone is interested in checking it out. http://www.fws.gov/saintvincent/ We hunt the last hunt of the season which is mid Jan and makes for decent weather most of the time. I hunt 3.6 miles for our camp so the journey out there and back every morning with gear is a nice gauge. They do a few Meat runs where they will pick up you and your field dressed game on designated trails. I have yet to get picked for the Sambar deer hunt. But have seen at least one on each trip. Pigs used to abound but they went in and did some night hunting and removed hundreds of pigs a night or so the story goes. But there are a lot less pigs on the Island the last three years.

According to your info on the sidebar you're 35ys old. Still a pup and complaining about a lil' 'ol 3.6 mile walk? What are you gonna do when you reach my age? Take a cab thru the woods?

Shheeesh...
Kids nowadays.

Now if you'll excuse me I forgot to take my Geritol and I'm late for my nap.

bobbyj
04-05-2015, 04:20 PM
When this comes out of your mouth . . . "I've fallen and I can't get up!

bobbyj

fgw_in_fla
04-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Here's how you know you're getting old.
And stupid.
And losing your memory / mind / marbles.

Last Friday I order some parts from Gun Shack (one of our advertisers) and then I reordered the same parts this morning because I forgot about the first order.

If the guy at Gun Shack hadn't emailed me I would never had remembered the first order.

And NO, I do not drink.
But I think I'm going to start.
Again.

Dennis
04-07-2015, 12:35 AM
All good points above and all are true, unfortunately.

Last weekend my 30 year old son came over and I asked him, "What's in your hair?" I was embarrassed, but he has more gray hair than I do now.

I have very little gray, but my hair has really thinned out, not bald . . . yet.

Now my joints, when I go to a match, I look for a "Gun Caddy" wanting to make a few dollars. I am serious, I usually have one set up before the match. Carry the equipment and pulling targets, well my joints have had about all they can take. Osteoarthritis runs in my family, I have it in my back spinal canal, L5 area. All I can do is take care of it the best I can and watch my steps.

Hallbilly
04-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Went out for a Birthday dinner last night, ate late, tried to choose the lightest meal off the menu.
Went to bed on a full stomach, didn't sleep, now it's 8:00am and I still don't feel good.