PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Sent My 17wsm back to Savage...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

fla9-40
05-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Update on my 17 sent back to Savage.....

I guess I should of asked for a heavy barrel replacement, I still do not have my replacement rifle back from Savage!!! I called last week and they said it would be ANOTHER 2 to 3 weeks before it would be tested and shipped!!!:mad2:

Hope to get it back soon...They have had it now since 3/26

Lonewulf
05-18-2014, 11:13 AM
I would call them and pay the $50 extra to get the heavy barrel replacement :)

rona
05-18-2014, 02:12 PM
X 2 on spending the extra 50.00 for the heavy barrel

Rooster 50
05-18-2014, 02:15 PM
I just took mine and traded it off. Lost about $100 and called it a win. So far I like the HB but am waiting to put it in a Boyds to see what it will really do.

Sorry for all your trouble.

Rainorshine
05-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Sent mine back about the sane time 3/30. Called yesterday and was also told to wait another 2-3 weeks. After I mentioned that this is what they told me 3 weeks ago the CSR stated that they did get some rifles in at that time but they didn't meet specs.

Ironic that when I bought mine it was the first one I could find in a 100 mile radius. They were selling as fast as the LGS's got them in. Now both models are prevalent. The sporter model was O.K. for me as I wanted a rifle that I didn't have to worry about scratching. After seeing how great the HB models look that many of you have assembled with the Boyds stocks I'm starting to think that's the way to go as well.

rona
05-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Sent mine back about the sane time 3/30. Called yesterday and was also told to wait another 2-3 weeks. After I mentioned that this is what they told me 3 weeks ago the CSR stated that they did get some rifles in at that time but they didn't meet specs.

Ironic that when I bought mine it was the first one I could find in a 100 mile radius. They were selling as fast as the LGS's got them in. Now both models are prevalent. The sporter model was O.K. for me as I wanted a rifle that I didn't have to worry about scratching. After seeing how great the HB models look that many of you have assembled with the Boyds stocks I'm starting to think that's the way to go as well.
Both models being prevalent probably is a sign more and more people are learning how much fun it is to have a rifle and no shells. To be quite honest the 204 is looking better all the time. At least you can reload them yourself.

Willy
05-24-2014, 03:43 PM
I was going to get the ss hb 17 WSM but I have decided to wait at least another year; quite frankly, with all the negative publicity I've been reading mostly on this forum, I'll be thinking twice before buying another Savage.

Rooster 50
05-25-2014, 08:57 AM
too bad that Savage and Winchester are not reading this forum.

DE_Shooter
05-25-2014, 01:31 PM
I was going to get the ss hb 17 WSM but I have decided to wait at least another year; quite frankly, with all the negative publicity I've been reading mostly on this forum, I'll be thinking twice before buying another Savage.
I was also thinking of waiting but I had already purchased 1250 rounds of ammo and didn't have a rifle. So I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a SS HB for $350, once i replace the stock and other items, swap on one of my leupold's. I'll have a nice rifle with ammo under 1K. I've got 3x that in just a rifle alone with no ammo.

I will say that the ammo Winchester puts out is junk, but what do you want for $15 a box. If Hornady gets in the 17wsm game you can bet it won't be $15 a box.

fla9-40
05-27-2014, 10:07 PM
I was also thinking of waiting but I had already purchased 1250 rounds of ammo and didn't have a rifle. So I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a SS HB for $350, once i replace the stock and other items, swap on one of my leupold's. I'll have a nice rifle with ammo under 1K. I've got 3x that in just a rifle alone with no ammo.

I will say that the ammo Winchester puts out is junk, but what do you want for $15 a box. If Hornady gets in the 17wsm game you can bet it won't be $15 a box.

And I bet the Hornady ammo will not have splitting problems either!

Also I STILL don't have my rifle back from Savage! I plan on calling them....AGAIN... tomorrow!

fla9-40
05-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Well I just got off the phone with Savage and was told my rifle was with an engineer and was being checked over to make sure it has no flaws/problems.
He said the engineers were talking their time to make sure of this. He also told me it could be another 2 or 3 weeks before it is ready to ship!!! I told him that is what they told me 3 weeks ago and all he said they wanted to take their time to make sure it is correct before shipping it out...
I wonder if they know the concept of time...Does 3 weeks really mean 3 months or better!!!???

rona
05-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Well I just got off the phone with Savage and was told my rifle was with an engineer and was being checked over to make sure it has no flaws/problems.
He said the engineers were talking their time to make sure of this. He also told me it could be another 2 or 3 weeks before it is ready to ship!!! I told him that is what they told me 3 weeks ago and all he said they wanted to take their time to make sure it is correct before shipping it out...
I wonder if they know the concept of time...Does 3 weeks really mean 3 months or better!!!???
Having sent two B mags back because of problems I think they are taking time trying to make sure they send (good) ones back to the consumer. This whole B Mag business is bad enough but evidently they sent new rifles as replacements gambling that the quality control had tightened up. That didn't happen and now they are going all out to make sure they send good ones out. At this point with no ammo for them I try to put it out of my mind and go fishing instead.

Rainorshine
06-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Just got a replacement from Savage for my Sporter B-Mag sent in over 2 months ago. It came with a 3-shot test target of 1.03". I don't have enough ammo to do much shooting but was able to shoot a 1",3-shot group at 100yds. with 20 gr. ammo. Not so good with 25 gr., about 1.5". At this point I'm pretty happy. Ready for Winchester to crank out some more ammo!

rona
06-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Just got a replacement from Savage for my Sporter B-Mag sent in over 2 months ago. It came with a 3-shot test target of 1.03". I don't have enough ammo to do much shooting but was able to shoot a 1",3-shot group at 100yds. with 20 gr. ammo. Not so good with 25 gr., about 1.5". At this point I'm pretty happy. Ready for Winchester to crank out some more ammo!
Sounds like you got a good one. My guess is it will improve the more you shoot it. Like you I will smile to see some ammo come down the pike.

Lonewulf
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
I hope it doesn't take 3 months everytime :( they just got my SS HB today on UPS. 3 months all the fun nice shooting time will be gone :(

fla9-40
06-11-2014, 04:39 AM
Sounds promising...I sent mine in Late March! Maybe they will be sending it home soon!
I'd be happy with 1.5 MOA compared to what it was shooting :p

rona
06-11-2014, 07:53 AM
I hope it doesn't take 3 months everytime :( they just got my SS HB today on UPS. 3 months all the fun nice shooting time will be gone :(
Not sure what is worse sending it in and hoping to get a "good one" or finally get it and no shells to shoot it. Its really strange how shells seem available and reasonable at both the east and western states plus Florida but none to be found here in Minn.

Lonewulf
06-11-2014, 08:53 AM
or in Iowa now :( we need a pal on the east or west coast that has plenty to buy more and sell/ship it to us :) I don't even look at gunbroker anymore, it just plain $%%$& me off

rona
06-11-2014, 09:51 AM
or in Iowa now :( we need a pal on the east or west coast that has plenty to buy more and sell/ship it to us :) I don't even look at gunbroker anymore, it just plain $%%$& me off
I hear you there! If my blood pressure is low I look at Gunbroker and gauge goes right up. Looking back I could have bought a 204, reloading equipment and been having a lot of fun. Maybe spent a little more money but would have sure been in a better mood. I add up a ss version of the B-mag 389.00 plus over 200 for a finished fancy stock and that would buy a 204. Shells might be a lil more but I reload anyway so no large expense with basic reloading equip.
The last I bought came from a fellow in RI who returned his 17 to the store for something else and advertised his stock of ammo for sale. He was very fair with the price and it ended up cheaper then local prices at the time. None of the local dealers have any idea when shells will be available. I truthfully believe a lot of the ammo is being bought right from the wholesaler by his friends and resold at places like Gun Broker.

minderasr
06-11-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm in the east. No .17 WSM to be found here.

:noidea: