PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Axis stock

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hi-wall
03-12-2014, 11:11 AM
They are getting faster to deliver. I ordered a classic hunter Monday a week ago and it will be here friday. Now, to order a Tacticool

sales@boydsgunstocks
03-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Hi-wall - first I would like to thank you for the positive post and thank you for your recent purchase as well!! Just an update for everyone - lead time will now be our normal/standard for all Axis stocks! If it is In-Stock it will ship in 1-2 business days, Out-of-Stock will ship in 1-2 weeks from date of order. No more 4+ week lead times!!

Best Regards ~ Jen

fgw_in_fla
03-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Yesterday when I called about status of my order I was told "about 4 weeks" for the 2 Axis stocks I ordered. The day I ordered the stocks (Feb. 27) a guy on the phone tells me "within 2 weeks"...

I guess maybe I'll add 'em all up, take an average, shake the chicken bones, see if the wooley caterpillars are nesting early & hope I see my stocks before I'm too old to use them.

sales@boydsgunstocks
03-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I would be happy to look into the status of your order - could you please PM with a name and order number. I apologize for the confusing information you seem to be receiving!

~ Jen

J.Baker
03-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Jen - what's the lead time on custom orders? (I.e. Claro XX Walnut with checkering and Rosewood grip cap and forend tip.) I didn't see mention of lead time for the customs on the custom option page.

Also, have you stopped offering left-hand stocks for short-action staggered-feed rifles with a blind magazine (4.275" screw spacing) or did they simply get overlooked in the menu updates? I looked through all the model options (10/11/12/16 Top Bolt Release) but every action option is for either blind centerfeed or detachable box magazine.

fgw_in_fla
03-12-2014, 01:42 PM
I would be happy to look into the status of your order - could you please PM with a name and order number. I apologize for the confusing information you seem to be receiving!

~ Jen

No sweat.
I'm sure I'll be happy with them. It's just the anticipation is KILLING me.

sales@boydsgunstocks
03-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Typical lead time on any custom order is 7 - 14 business days. As far as the left hand stock for a 10/12/14/16 - we only offer a left hand stock/right hand action model for a blind mag - staggered feed at this time. No true left hand models :-(

Jen - what's the lead time on custom orders? (I.e. Claro XX Walnut with checkering and Rosewood grip cap and forend tip.) I didn't see mention of lead time for the customs on the custom option page.

Also, have you stopped offering left-hand stocks for short-action staggered-feed rifles with a blind magazine (4.275" screw spacing) or did they simply get overlooked in the menu updates? I looked through all the model options (10/11/12/16 Top Bolt Release) but every action option is for either blind centerfeed or detachable box magazine.

fgw_in_fla
03-12-2014, 04:50 PM
By the way, sent ya a PM, Jen.
Thanks for looking up my order...

fgw_in_fla
03-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Just got my notice. They're on the way. The anticipation is killing me.
Jen - check your PM's.

rsh4364
03-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Yesterday when I called about status of my order I was told "about 4 weeks" for the 2 Axis stocks I ordered. The day I ordered the stocks (Feb. 27) a guy on the phone tells me "within 2 weeks"...

I guess maybe I'll add 'em all up, take an average, shake the chicken bones, see if the wooley caterpillars are nesting early & hope I see my stocks before I'm too old to use them.
HAHA,with age comes patience grasshopper.

fgw_in_fla
03-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Patience?
Isn't that what they call people in a doctor's office?

And at my age patience is all I have left.
I think.

Don't forget, my birthday's at the end of this month. I like expensive gifts.
Make it an extra special gift, too. This is the last year I'll be in my 50's...

Hi-wall
03-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Patience?

I think.

At my age I don't have time for patience. It is my last year in the 50's also. On a lighter note I received my stock today. Off to the range tomorrow

rsh4364
03-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Patience?

I think.

My last year in my 40s ends beginning of next month..but remember 60 is the new 50 Frank,If I hurry I can run out bottle up some snow to send,maybe remind you of your Northern youth...

fgw_in_fla
03-14-2014, 09:22 PM
We'll expect a full report.
I won't see mine until mid week, next week.

Weather & snow storms notwithstanding, of course.

drybean
03-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Frank having a party for you bring you own ammo
seen 6 wild cattle last week, no brands, BIG BBQ

drybean

fgw_in_fla
03-15-2014, 05:21 AM
My last year in my 40s ends beginning of next month..but remember 60 is the new 50 Frank,If I hurry I can run out bottle up some snow to send,maybe remind you of your Northern youth...

You're all heart. Just what I've always wanted. Snow...
It'll help remind me why I left NY so many years ago & never looked back.
And as for that 60 is the new 50 stuff, I'm not buying it. 60 sucks. I wake up every morning wondering what's going to hurt next.
Just might be from all of that good clean living I did back in the late 60's and 70's....

fgw_in_fla
03-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Frank having a party for you bring you own ammo
seen 6 wild cattle last week, no brands, BIG BBQ

drybean

Man, wouldn't I love to take you up on the offer, Jim. That could be the BBQ of the century.
If I do come out, you think we can take a run over to my birthplace?
Norton AFB in San Bernadino. How far is that from your spread?

lopeha
03-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Was looking at the Boyd's website last night planning on ordering a stock for my LH .223, lo & behold they added two new designs - a "Heritage' & a "Platinum". Anyone have an idea what the "Heritage" is as they didn't provide any description. Also, does anyone know the difference between the standard pattern & the 90 degree? They show it in hte wood type section but offer no description.

fgw_in_fla
03-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the info.
Just what I need to do. Spend more money on gun stuff. My 'ol lady's threatening to suffocate me with a pillow in my sleep now. Especially after she found out I just bought 2 more spam cans of 5.45x39 mil-surp ammo. I tried to explain that tensions in Russia & Ukraine were driving prices up.
She mention something about driving the car up someplace. I didn't catch all of it....

drybean
03-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Man, wouldn't I love to take you up on the offer, Jim. That could be the BBQ of the century.
If I do come out, you think we can take a run over to my birthplace?
Norton AFB in San Bernadino. How far is that from your spread?

No problem ,Its just a few hrs. drive
drybean