PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Axis stock

Pages : 1 2 [3]

upSLIDEdown
03-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Have a Tacticool otw, with the Limbsaver upgraded pad. Time will tell.

cranebird
03-24-2014, 05:55 AM
I spent the day shooting both of mine with the Classic model stocks. They definitely feel more stable and easier to handle. Also, the forest camo color scheme looks really cool in the sunlight. Nice workmanship on them.
I'm really pleased with them although the recoil pads leave much to be desired. I was used to the nice soft pads that the Axis has as original equipment. The pad on the Boyd's feels like a piece of concrete against my shoulder.
Other than that, I give them 4.75 out of 5 stars. They lose .25 of a star for the recoil pad. Kinda reminds me of a slab of tire rubber attached the stock. Anyone considering a Boyd's replacement may want to consider any options they have for recoil pads.
That aside, I feel it was a well spent $99. Makes the Axis feel totally different.

Now I'm jumping on the Boyd's bandwagon. Thanks.

rsh4364
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Frank having a party for you bring you own ammo
seen 6 wild cattle last week, no brands, BIG BBQ

drybean
seriously can you shoot them and harvest them? Do you call it steak season?

bulabula
03-26-2014, 10:02 PM
My Nutmeg Prairie Hunter arrived today - its beautiful! I bought mine with a couple of options. The stippling is nicer than I thought (it was a little difficult to see in the small pictures on the website), and I bought the SS trigger guard; it complements the SS trued barrel nut from NSS on the blued 25-05 barrel (also from NSS). I stayed with the "stock" Boyds recoil pad, so the jury is still out. Scoped out it weighs 8lbs 6 oz (1 lb heavier than with the plastic factory stock).

I'm going to purchase another Boyds stock for my 12 FLV (.223), and will order it with checkering instead, and will need to figure out what recoil pad I want for it. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the red Apple Jack for it so I won't mix it up with the Sporter.

Before I buy the next one, I need to spend some time behind the scope to see how I like the LOP.