PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Savage BMag Stock

Pages : 1 2 [3]

gsperaz
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Great news! I just put one of their laminate stocks on my Axis, love it.

Mister
01-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Hi all, just joined to give some input on my bmag. I have had two of these. I still have one that is a later production. I ordered 2 one each from different venders right after last years shot show. Got the first one in June I think. Yes, the stock is a joke. I have always loved savage but I think this might be the worst gun they have ever produced. the stock was not floated all the way and the gun just did not shoot well, I sold it. The one I have now I received in October or November. Same problems as the first. Stock was a joke. Still not floated and very cherp. I did not send mine back. I used a 1/2" socket wrapped with 80 grit then stepted up to 5/8" and floated it too never contact the berral. The gun did not shoot well. So I started a long break in process. one or two shots, copper solvent, brush and so on. This did help. The stock was driving me nuts and way to light go me. So pulled it apart again. Got bondo, resin, and chopped class. Filled/bedded the fourhand and mixed enough to fill the entire but stock. this helped a lot. Gave the gun some much needed rigiddy and weight. The gun with scope now weighs over eight pounds. overall it has helped in every way. Still breaking this gun in but getting better. It shot the 25 grain best prior to stock mods. Now shooting 20 grain best. It is shooting under one inch now. The ammo does need some fine tuning from winchester. More flyers than I think there should be. A Boyds stock will go on it asap. Gun has about 150-200 rounds through it. These are some things I've done and they have helped. hope it will help some of you frustrated Bmag owners. I know its more than frustrated me.

Phil

01-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Finally got my B Mag back from Savage today. This is the second trip to Savage and this time they had it 25 days (it's been in their possession longer than in mine) Stock to bbl issue better but not perfect (guess I'll lower my expectations at this point) and they did put a new stock on the gun. Bbl was not free floating, does anyone there check these things? I guess I can answer that question, NO! I fixed it after a little sanding like Phil did on his. To range tomorrow to see how it does. Sorry Savage you missed the boat on this whole issue and this consumer has lost all respect for the company...

shovelheadave
01-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Problem solved !!

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/subgrouping.htm?cat=6798

Elgin
01-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Just got an email from Boyds. (I see Shovelhead beat me to it.)

"NEW RELEASE: SavageŽ B-Mag

You have been flooding our request logs for a replacement stock for the SavageŽ B-Mag - it is now available from Boyds'!! Available in several of our popular designs such as the Featherweight Thumbhole, Classic, Prairie Hunter, Rimfire Hunter, & TactiCool!"

01-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Took the returned B Mag to the range today, cannot complain about the accuracy. At 100 yds it placed the 20 grain bullets in a good tight pattern even with a swirling wind. I had managed to find a couple of boxes of25 grain bullets, the group wasn't as tight and all were to the right of center and because of the cold (13 degrees) I didn't fiddle with the scope to correct it. I also ordered a stock from Boyd's today as Savage seems unable to correct the alignment issue.:p

Crockett
01-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Glad it's shooting better for you, I know I was frustrated until I got mine back and there was an improvement.

Desertwolf
02-27-2014, 12:18 AM
I it bought a bmag last week and the only thing I had to do to it to fix the barrel touching the left side of the forearm was to loosen the 2 action screws and pull the forearm all the way to the right and re tighten the action screws.

We're getting 1 moa with the 20 gr HV rounds

Oh and a boyds stock will be ordered ASAP!

mdcoyote223
03-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Does Boyd's make a stock for the 17 bmag?

Jeremy B
03-20-2014, 06:25 AM
Does Boyd's make a stock for the 17 bmag?

Since January 9, 2014