PDA

View Full Version : Bolt will not completely close

Pages : 1 [2]

missed
01-05-2013, 01:16 PM
I've used a depth gauge on blind holes too but i know not to mongo blind holes, when the screw stops, stop. But the lackey at the gun shop put the base and rings on to bore sight it since my bore site was broken. My first mistake!

missed
01-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Does anybody know the depth of that front hole about to start drilling again

stangfish
01-05-2013, 02:16 PM
And your from Texas! OMG!:yield:The weaver bases are fine. The screws are fine. I have never used loctite on a screw that small for good reason. The bases come with two short and two long screws, the short ones go to the front. Check you PMS for a deal on a 20moa EGW.

missed
01-05-2013, 02:21 PM
And your from Texas! OMG!:yield:The weaver bases are fine. The screws are fine. I have never used loctite on a screw that small for good reason. The bases come with two short and two long screws, the short ones go to the front. Check you PMS for a deal on a 20moa EGW.

Yep! I will check them, the screws are the same length, extraction is not going well at the moment. What part of TX are you in?

stangfish
01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
By the sea. Last night I was having multiple 2x's looking at the waves crashing on the beach over a nice fire and watching Texas A&M woop up on OU.

stangfish
01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Take you action back out of the stock and try to operate the bolt.

Westcliffe01
01-05-2013, 02:38 PM
I removed the loctited steel base off my Remington 700 (along with the screws) when I sent it to get re-barreled at Mc Gowan. I had absolutely no problems with it. But then the Warne screws are probably grade 8.8 as opposed to dead mild steel from some other manufacturers.

stangfish
01-05-2013, 03:06 PM
But then the Warne screws are probably grade 8.8 as opposed to dead mild steel from some other manufacturers.

That could be, I am like you, I think Warne is underated and use their rings almost exclusively. I do like the torx screws that you can get from EGW, for the life of me I can't understand why they are not in the base pkg rather than the hex key type.

missed
01-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Yeah got the screw out, then the broken tap! Hopefully I should just have to run the bottom tap and the disaster will be done!

seanhagerty
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Nothing is ever easy.

missed
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Nothing is ever easy.

That is definitely true about todays projects!

missed
01-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Well finally have my rifle ready to shoot! And it will be dark before I can get to the range.