PDA

View Full Version : Savage has losted their marbles.......and a customer.

Pages : [1] 2 3

223Rem
11-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Being in need of (2) short action pushfeed .532 boltheads and seemingly noone has any available, I decided to give Savage a call.

I was told by the nice lady that boltheads are a "restricted" part and only solds to FFLs. It's a company policy............she adds when I questioned her anbout the legality.

Utter BS!

Can not support a company that will not support me within the legal parameters. Goodbye Savage.......

Happy Thanksgiving!

teebirdhyzer
11-22-2012, 08:56 AM
That does seem a little extreme that they wouldn't sell you the boltheads. Sounds like youve got a couple of actions and parts you may need to get rid of pretty cheap. At least you can still use the forums here to sell your stuff in classifieds before you completely give up on Savage all together.
Happy thanksgiving as well!

seanhagerty
11-22-2012, 09:16 AM
This never bothered me. There are enough parts guys out there to sell me what I need with out going thru savage.

stangfish
11-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Sounds like youve got a couple of actions and parts you may need to get rid of pretty cheap. At least you can still use the forums here to sell your stuff in classifieds before you completely give up on Savage all together.
Happy thanksgiving as well!

Hehe. This has been a popular complaint for some time. I am sure there is a reason like a law suit behind the madness. Try and get a different bolthead for a Remington, Ruger, Winchester etc....

thirty06
11-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Its been that way as long as i can remember. No bolt or trigger parts, except to gunsmiths.
You think thats bad try getting a barrel.

Blue Avenger
11-22-2012, 10:22 AM
You sell your guns, parts, cigarettes or alcohol to anyone who asks over the phone? OR do you make sure they have some level of compliance with age or ability to own a restricted product?

scope eye
11-22-2012, 11:26 AM
A 4000 pound car is a lot more lethal, and a lot of them out there don't seem to know how to operate them safely, yet you can buy any part for them.

Westcliffe01
11-22-2012, 11:45 AM
It really doesn't strike me as odd in the least. Changing a bolt head can affect head space and if not checked and corrected can cause injury or possibly death. This sounds like a straight forward liability issue. The aftermarket parts dealers have a different level of liability exposure compared to the manufacturer of the complete weapon. When you consider the ridiculous things that gun makers get sued for (and loose in court) this is totally understandable. The alternative is to ship savage the barreled action and have them fit the correct bolt head, or buy from one of the retailers who sell just the parts themselves.

r3dn3ck
11-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Irritating I can see but tantrum worthy? Really? You'll be missed.

Gmac5
11-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear you give up so easy. Obviously you never tried before, many other options but no other company would sell you special parts either. Try dave kiff at p t g
If you really are gonna give up on savage , truly sorry as it will be your nose that yor cutting off.
No brag ,just fact

Apache
11-22-2012, 12:18 PM
LAWYERS have caused this.........not gun companies!!!! At least get the cause for it right. :frusty:

1ShotKing
11-22-2012, 12:23 PM
I agree with the others. To give up on a Savage because of this is absolutely ridiculous, you are blowing this issue way out of proportion.

1ShotKing

Gmac5
11-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh wait a minute , is this a remmy mark , just causin a stir ? If this is Mark,happy thanksgining . Stop trying to find fault with savage an just buy one , youll never buy another Remmy. Just saw an add at gander or dicks for a scoped,cammo dipped, 700bdl varmit for $349.99 . Maybe if they drop it another $50.00 ill get one! Ah no just shoot me if i do.

stomp442
11-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Have your local FFL or gunsmith order one for you. Not the end of the world.

358Hammer
11-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Lost another customer because of company policy??? Reminds me of some who use to indirectly aggressively tell me how to do my job when I cited them for doing 40mph in a 20 mph school zone! Rules are in place for a reason and quite frankly we would be living in chaos without them.

Been a good policy for longer than I have been building Savages. Does everyone using Savages know everything there is to know about bolthead thickness, Vs Long and short firing pin protrusion? AS Apache indicated- everyone looses when attorney's get involved!

Neal

Gmac5
11-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Ya mean a bigger hammer , duct tape ,and a drill dont work any more?

HAPPY THANKGINING TO ALL

hammie
11-22-2012, 01:58 PM
@.223rem: I agree with the others. Blame the American Bar Association instead of Savage.

I urge you to reconsider. I own rifles from all the major manufacturers, and the savage rifles are by far the best shooters out of the box, plus, easy to customize. If Savage is left out of the mix, you will lose a lot of enjoyment. I think the ideas here are good: Be patient and wait for bolt heads to be re-stocked from the major parts suppliers, or try one of the smaller, private sources. Please give savage another chance.

dirtracer
11-22-2012, 02:11 PM
I had the same reaction from them regarding a spring I needed in the ACCU triger. Savage said I needed to send them the rifle because the spring was on a restricted
list. I had a new Savage on order from local gun shop which I promptly cancelled! I love thier rifles, but if they can not support their customers with parts, I can not support them.

JackinSD
11-22-2012, 03:52 PM
A couple of these post remind of a few years ago, when I was a kid. "I'm taking my ball and going home, if I can't have my way."

jonbearman
11-22-2012, 04:45 PM
There is not a major gunmaker that will sell fire control parts or bolts or recievers or safetys,they just cant due to sue happy jerks that ruined it for everyone.Instead of getting all po'ed,order one from gunparts or midway or sss or stockade stocks or brownells or jack first,r call some of the big gunshops and see if they have one. Try getting with the program instead of getting so upset.I have one,but I am not sure you really want to build one.By the way,if you send them the gun they may install one for you providing you have a barrel.Keep your cool,we all go through this and if you think any of the big gunmakers will give you your way,it isnt gonna happen. What stuff do you have to trade.Savage is a good company but they have rules to batfe regs or standard industry regs.You contact me offline by pm,then I will dig through my stuff.You catch more flys with sugar then you do with vineger.
Have a Happy Holiday abnd breathe! I will be waiting.