PDA

View Full Version : Savage has losted their marbles.......and a customer.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

pappy83
11-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I have a buddy that has ordered two bolt heads from savage in the past month, I think he had to fax them some sort of release of liability or something similar. They were .532 short action bolt heads for 7mm saum builds.

anotherred
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
223 rem, your probably going to end up stamp collecting as you'll find this with most firearm companys out there. Don't get mad at Savage (or Rem. or Cz, or any others) and thank the lawyers. They are the problem, not to gun companys.

stangfish
11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't blame the lawyers. We live in a society that protects stupidity. We need a darwin exclusion for manufacturers. Remember the guy with a cordless drill he stuck in his nose and squeezed the trigger.

kevin_stevens
11-22-2012, 09:13 PM
You sell your guns, parts, cigarettes or alcohol to anyone who asks over the phone? OR do you make sure they have some level of compliance with age or ability to own a restricted product?

Gun parts, aside from the serialized actions, are not restricted products.

KeS

sharpshooter
11-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Manufacturers can restrict what ever parts and components they want. It is a way of controlling the end user, and weeding out idiots.

kevin_stevens
11-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Manufacturers can restrict what ever parts and components they want. It is a way of controlling the end user, and weeding out idiots.

Understood, but that's not the context in which the post I was quoting was using "restricted".

KeS

davemuzz
11-22-2012, 11:32 PM
You can buy a Big Loop Lever for a Marlin 1895 at Midway from aftermarket vendors for $150. Or....you can buy a factory Big Loop Lever from Marlin for $70 to $80. However, Marlin WILL NOT ship the factory Big Loop Lever to you. They will only ship it to an FFL. Why? Beats me....it does take a tiny bit of mechanical ability to put one on......but I mice'd the Factory Big Loop I purchased (and had shipped to my FFL. My FFL charged me nothing) and it fit perfectly in my Marlin.

If I took the approach to "Hey....Marlin is nutz" I would be missing out on one fine Lever action 45-70 rifle. If that's the hoop to jump thru...its a tiny hoop.

MHO

Dave

223Rem
11-23-2012, 08:17 AM
I don't blame the lawyers. We live in a society that protects stupidity. We need a darwin exclusion for manufacturers. Remember the guy with a cordless drill he stuck in his nose and squeezed the trigger.

Now that is funny........but so true.

Not going to sell any of my Savages (except maybe one action), however I will never buy another.

This is where I call BS on Savage's part. The factory will not sell me a bolthead because they deem it "restricted". However, I can order as many as I want from MidwayUSA. Just not the ones I need. By releasing those boltheads to Midway and not restricting who Midway sells them to is ridiculous. Savage think culpability ends just because they do not sell the bolthead directly to me? Yeah right and any decent attorney could argue that point.

So wrong if the end user can obtain these parts from a third party without restriction. It's a mute point.

back40
11-23-2012, 10:14 AM
I tried to get a trigger spring from Mossberg shotgun one time but they wouldn't sell me one either. They did send me a whole new trigger free of charge. I will still buy Savage as long as thier stuff works like it does now.

Blue Avenger
11-23-2012, 10:50 AM
So, the right to refuse service to some one for any reason has just been revoked?
what other rights should we add to the list?

brtelec
11-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree, if the manufacturer sees dealing with the end user on certain parts and being too much of an exposure risk for a lawsuit, they would be stupid to sell to you. The fact that you can buy these parts through a distributor fixes the availability problem. I have never gone through a firearms manufacturer for replacement parts strictly because I can typically get it for less money elsewhere. I have never needed anything so badly that I was willing to pay MSRP for it.

kevin_stevens
11-23-2012, 03:06 PM
So, the right to refuse service to some one for any reason has just been revoked?
what other rights should we add to the list?

How about the right to ***** about corporate decisions we don't like? You don't seem to be a fan of that one.

KeS

Apache
11-23-2012, 03:24 PM
:pop2:

JackinSD
11-23-2012, 03:29 PM
I just love the people that think that because of a simple little thing (I do mean anything) didn't go their way, they are going to take their business elsewhere. It's their right, but try seeing more than one side of the story (yours).

stangfish
11-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Apache.... Please pass the popcorn. :pop2:

Blue Avenger
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/gcidso123/funny%20pic/380360_398720040173179_263751677003.jpg

thomae
11-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Hmmm...someone complains about a problem, then gets multiple suggestions for solutions, and does not acknowledge or thank anyone who proposed a viable work around?
I could be wrong, but perhaps this is an indication that the complaining is more important than the actual problem.

The situation is what it is, and the OP can do what he wishes. Several reasonable alternatives have already been suggested.
Nothing more need be added.

txbdyguard
11-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Call SSS and order it. End of story.

davemuzz
11-24-2012, 03:32 PM
How about the right to ***** about corporate decisions we don't like? You don't seem to be a fan of that one.

KeS

Kevin, Don't buy the Savage. Then you can not enjoy the freedom to buy quality after market products that all shooters enjoy, and you won't enjoy quality aftermarket barrels that you can swap out with ease, and you won't enjoy sub-MOA groups that you can shoot with all of these very affordable products.

There!!! That will show 'em!!!

Howie
11-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I was having problems with mine and asked about a new bolt and was told that it required a gun smith because of head space and matching it up. No big deal to me, they would take it and repair it or put new in if that was the problem. I had to send mine in twice to get it fixed and all though that sucked they gave me great customer service both times. I would buy another savage just based on the customer service I got.