PDA

View Full Version : Questions on a 112 223 single shot

Pages : [1] 2

joebogey
11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
I was just about to have Jim order me a new 223 when a friend mentioned he had one he needed to get rid of because of financial problems.
Only thing is, I'm not real sure what I've got as I can't find a lot of info on it.
What I do know...
Model 112 in 223
Single shot
Blued receiver with a stainless fluted barrel
Pre Accutrigger
Tupperware stock
He has a BSA 4X16X40 Contender scope on it and a bipod
Any info would be appreciated as well as idea of value.
Thanks Guys

Forgot to add that it's right hand bolt and right hand eject.

dcloco
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
THIS is an excellent platform.

Factory stainless barrel?

I have one...but of the blued barrel variety.

Buy a B & C medalist tactical and start shooting small groups!

1:12 or 1:9 twist?

peterf225
11-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Model 112 in 223

I don't think it will fit in a B&C Medalist Tactical Because of the long action.

northlander
11-05-2009, 10:10 AM
If that is a Savage Model 112 Single Shot that would be a "J" Action. As such it will not fit either the long action or the short action stocks. What you have sounds like a first generation Model 112 V. Hopefully it has a stock with it. I have a Savage Model 112 R (repeater) in 25-06. Some parts are few and far between if you need anything. Having said that, SSS would be an excellent place to go if you do need any parts.

Jim Briggs
NSS

dcloco
11-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Model 112 in 223

I don't think it will fit in a B&C Medalist Tactical Because of the long action.

Thought B & C was making them for the long actions now??

joebogey
11-05-2009, 08:59 PM
If that is a Savage Model 112 Single Shot that would be a "J" Action. As such it will not fit either the long action or the short action stocks. What you have sounds like a first generation Model 112 V. Hopefully it has a stock with it. I have a Savage Model 112 R (repeater) in 25-06. Some parts are few and far between if you need anything. Having said that, SSS would be an excellent place to go if you do need any parts.

Jim Briggs
NSS

Jim,
You Sir are correct, it is a single shot.
It is mounted in a tupperware stock.
Would you have any idea of it's worth? Just a ballpark figure maybe? To be conservative, I would rate it at probably 85 to 90%.
Thanks

pdog06
11-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Joey, measure the action screws spacing on it. With it having a stainless fluted barrel it could be and early model fvss-s, or a "J" action like Jim mentioned.

If it is a 5.0" screw spacing it is a true long action and is a rare piece being a long action single-shot. I've seen just the action like that sell for $350-450 alone on here before. If it is a 4.522" screw spacing it is an intermediate short action("J' action for slang) and is hard to get stocks for unless you go to the bigger Savage stockmakers(Stockade, Russo, Richards Microfit, and SSS).

peterf225
11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Model 112 in 223

Thought B & C was making them for the long actions now??

They are making the medalist in the LA but it isn't the Tactical A2 style it is a sporter style.

joebogey
11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Joey, measure the action screws spacing on it. With it having a stainless fluted barrel it could be and early model fvss-s, or a "J" action like Jim mentioned.

If it is a 5.0" screw spacing it is a true long action and is a rare piece being a long action single-shot. I've seen just the action like that sell for $350-450 alone on here before. If it is a 4.522" screw spacing it is an intermediate short action("J' action for slang) and is hard to get stocks for unless you go to the bigger Savage stockmakers(Stockade, Russo, Richards Microfit, and SSS).

pdog,
Using a tape measure the action screws from center to center are 5 inches.

pdog06
11-05-2009, 10:58 PM

pdog,
Using a tape measure the action screws from center to center are 5 inches.

Then it isnt a J action. It is a true long action single shot. They are pretty rare to come by, and if the barrel is in good shape it is worth strong consideration. That also means that any standard long action stock will fit it, so it wont be hard to find something to get rid of the tupperware.

How much does the guy want for it?

joebogey
11-05-2009, 11:03 PM
[/quote]

How much does the guy want for it?

[/quote]

Rifle, scope and bipod =$500.00
He started at 650 and I talked him down to the 5 bills, but I can't get him any lower. I've pretty much made up my mind to buy it, but I wanted to figure out what it was first.

pdog06
11-05-2009, 11:06 PM
If you like it then it is worth it. You could most likely part it out and get your money back if you decide to later on.

joebogey
11-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm figuring the scope and bipod at 100 bucks. That leaves me with 400 in the rifle.
As for selling, I won't say I won't, but seldom do I sell any firearm. I have had a few POSs that I've gotten rid of after fair warning to the buyer, but everything else is in the safe. (Which is bustin at the seams right now) :)

joebogey
11-05-2009, 11:17 PM
pdog, Jim, peterf225 and dcloco

I want to thank you guys for the info and helping me figure this thing out.
I guess now I need to figure out when the thing was manufactured. (just for my own curiosity)

sharpshooter
11-06-2009, 01:51 AM
These were manufactured up until 1997.

Hammer
11-06-2009, 02:29 AM

Trying to remember if this long-action single-shot was meant for me ?

dcloco
11-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Trying to remember if this long-action single-shot was meant for me ?

...uuuuhhhhhh......YEAH! They all are...right?

joebogey
11-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I got somethin meant for you alright..... ;D
You keep yore dirty paws off my rifle. LOL

joebogey
11-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, I've bought a POS I guess. >:(
Took it to the range today and using Remington factory ammo, (55s) the best I could do was bust clay pigeons at 200 yards. I'm so disappointed, cause I had such big hopes for this rifle......

jlcpls
11-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Sorry to here it.

Give you $50 for it

shipped.