PDA

View Full Version : Questions on a 112 223 single shot

Pages : 1 [2]

outlawkyote
11-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Well, I've bought a POS I guess. >:(
Took it to the range today and using Remington factory ammo, (55s) the best I could do was bust clay pigeons at 200 yards. I'm so disappointed, cause I had such big hopes for this rifle......

LMAO!! Bummer, now you gotta start hand loading for it ;)

joebogey
11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry to here it.

Give you $50 for it

shipped.

jethro,
I'd almost be tempted to take you up on that, but there's no point in both of us gettin screwed. And I just can't bring myself to do that to a fellow forum member. Soooo, I guess I'm stuck with it. But thanks for tryin to bail me out there pard. It's nice to know someones' got my back.

jlcpls
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
No problem Joe.

I'm here for ya.

joebogey
11-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, I've bought a POS I guess. >:(
Took it to the range today and using Remington factory ammo, (55s) the best I could do was bust clay pigeons at 200 yards. I'm so disappointed, cause I had such big hopes for this rifle......

LMAO!! Bummer, now you gotta start hand loading for it ;)

This rifle has been hanging in a pawn shop with no telling how many hands on it. The original owner was involved in a divorce and pawned it off. It had a little spot of rust on it on the left side of the receiver and a spot under the bolt release on the right side so I figured it was a truck gun. You know how truck guns get after a while.

By the time I got to the range this morning it was already packed, but I got lucky enough to get a table. I set up a couple of "Shoot N Sees" at 50 yards and 100 yards. I figured I'd be lucky to get on the paper at 50 the first shot or two. To my surprise, it was right on the money at 50 so I went for the 100 which was just a bit high for the next two shots. Hmmm.. just as it should be. I was mildly surprised to say the least.
Since everyone was still shooting, I figured I'd try for something else a little farther out.

The range is only 200 yards total with a high bank at the end. I could see the clay pigeons that someone had left on the bank and I figured what the heck. The first shot busted the cp and I couldn't help but giggle which got me a strange look from the guy next to me. The second shot busted another one and I giggled again and started talking to myself as in " Damn, I can't believe this!" This really got some looks from both sides this time. " Uh sorry guys, bought this thing out of a pawn shop and can't believe how bad it shoots. Really should have known better."
The whole time I'm thinkin, " Man, I didn't bring enough shells!' LOL

I bought a reloading kit a while back, but haven't had the time to really sit down and do anything with it. But after today, I can see that is gonna have to change. The coyotes around here are about to have a hard life....

dcloco
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Sorry to here it.

Give you $50 for it

shipped.

jethro,
I'd almost be tempted to take you up on that, but there's no point in both of us gettin screwed. And I just can't bring myself to do that to a fellow forum member. Soooo, I guess I'm stuck with it. But thanks for tryin to bail me out there pard. It's nice to know someones' got my back.

Ok....$45 is my offer...you won't feel so guilty passing on a junker. :)

joebogey
11-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Ok....$45 is my offer...you won't feel so guilty passing on a junker. :)
[/quote]

Now ya see.... that right there is why I like this site. Everybodys' always willin to help a feller out. I'm a feelin all warm and fuzzy right now and I'm gonna have to go before you fellers see me cry.... :-[

dcloco
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
LOL!

Welcome to "the club". ....as in Savagaholics......