Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Where are you located jkv45 ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Where are you located jkv45 ?
    S. Central WI

Basic Member
    Congratulations. Seems like it is starting to settle down. I've never had much luck with std factory ammo. Federal GMM and similar are closer to what I can hand load.

You might try some different weight bullets to see if they do better. I'd try 175's and 155's to see which of the three are better.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Congratulations. Seems like it is starting to settle down. I've never had much luck with std factory ammo. Federal GMM and similar are closer to what I can hand load.

You might try some different weight bullets to see if they do better. I'd try 175's and 155's to see which of the three are better.
    It certainly looked like it was moving in the right direction. I had expected that it may take more rounds to start to see any improvement.

Eventually I'll do more serious testing, and will pick-up some other bullet weights to try.

I may or may not have followed a somewhat extended break-in procedure if I hadn't read your recommendation. I'm glad I took the time to do it.

Thanks.

Basic Member
    YW. The break in would certainly have saved me some range time :) I ended up using some Iosso paste in mine and it helped a little. Mine is still just a little better than MOA most of the time with jacketed. With cast is is more in the 1 to 1 1/2MOA depending on how good a job I do on the bullets :)

Basic Member
    800 bucks is good deal, i was literally hours away from purchasing the same rifle for the 1100, but decided to research it, and after chatting w/ these guys on here, my mind changed to the 12fv. i got three diff calibers for same $. but, i like your price, and eventually if i put a precision stock on them, my deal/$ wont be so good. i got 12 swfa also, but in moa. the embarassing part is, i havent even shot any of them yet in the 4 months i had them. im gonna inspect my bolt assemblys bettter for burs, as you mentioned, cuz one seems to stick more than the others, when its all the way back, and i start to push it forward

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ice tea View Post
    800 bucks is good deal, i was literally hours away from purchasing the same rifle for the 1100, but decided to research it, and after chatting w/ these guys on here, my mind changed to the 12fv. i got three diff calibers for same $. but, i like your price, and eventually if i put a precision stock on them, my deal/$ wont be so good. i got 12 swfa also, but in moa. the embarassing part is, i havent even shot any of them yet in the 4 months i had them. im gonna inspect my bolt assemblys bettter for burs, as you mentioned, cuz one seems to stick more than the others, when its all the way back, and i start to push it forward
    The HS Precision stock is nice, but I saw a similar new Choate stock the other day for around $200. I thought the HS Precision stock was twice that.

There may be other sites that have it for less than this ($219) -https://www.eabco.net/Choate-Tactica...s_p_14690.html

Some discussion on other stock options - https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...ck-Suggestions

What are the differences or advantages of the Model 12 over the Model 10?