Thread: Savage 11 blew up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah. We aren't touching the gun until we decide what were going to do. I was thinking about taking it to a gunsmith tomorrow just to see what he thinks before we move forward.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hdball View Post
    Yeah. We aren't touching the gun until we decide what were going to do. I was thinking about taking it to a gunsmith tomorrow just to see what he thinks before we move forward.
    You are wise to keep everything untouched so that you don't possibly corrupt any evidence. The chain of events leading to failure will certainly be of interest to both Savage and any attorney you choose to hire. I'd let your attorney guide your course of action. Do not send it back to Savage, as much as I like the company and their products, there is some liability for your son's injuries. They have insurance for that sort of thing, so follow your attorneys advise and let it play out.

I hope and pray your sons injuries are not permanent.

FWIW; I had a model 11 in 243, but sold it last year. Great rifle! My son took his first buck with it, but it was a left hand model, and he is a righty.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

_.