Quote Originally Posted by juanfabuloso View Post
I have 4 Oryx chassis. Two on Savage (Axis SA and 116 LA) another on Howa and one on a REM. I shoot from bench, bi-pod and tripod with confidence.

To Dave and Fuj' comments about the grip, it is a change you have to adjust to.

I'm a big guy with long arms, my LOP is definitely shorter than conventional stocks I've modified. The old "trigger to elbow bend" may not be your best guide for LOP. MDT spacer kits each allow you to increase up to 1", .25" increments and they do come with long screws. Also, the Oryx also is much heavier than the factory stock. This changes the balance and will change your perception of comfort. As suggested, work on getting setup before you mount your glass. Get acclimated to where your cheek settles and the butt settles into the pocket. You'll find the Oryx will help you settle into a repeatable position.
I did get a vertical grip and do like the feel of it more. Also just got the spacer kit. Unfortunately, the only thing I can do right now is try and get the right "fit" at the kitchen table as we just got dumped on with heavy snow, there's more on the way, and I head out for 6+ months in the next few ways. Regardless, thanks for the ideas as I'm feeling more hopeful.