Welp, an update. Since the original post, I now have 5 of the B22 Precisions and the B22 FV-SR.

The Precisions have been a severe rollercoaster ride, I’ve had incredible highs and gut wrenching lows. At times they have been functionally perfect, then other outings 40-50% miss-feed after miss feed. The gist, is for me the mags are crap, I’ve tried many of the internet mag fixes, sometimes multiple fixes on the same mag, none worked. I found if they are new or have less that 3000 rounds through them and are tight, they function perfectly. When the mag wears or gets slop in the mechanism, the round no longer has an upper tilt, without the nose up attitude, they will not feed, if I reach in with a pencil and push back on the rim, the nose pops up and it feeds perfectly. At this point the minute the round nose sags, I retire the mag and get a new one, since following this routine the last 6000+ rounds have had exactly one miss feed, which I believe was my fault, as I sneezed, while running the bolt.

The FV-SR, has been the thorn in my side, incredibly accurate, but a 50-60% miss feeder since day one, after 2 trip back to Savage, with no improvement, it sat in the safe for a long time. About 2 weeks ago, a friend was getting rid of his FV-SR, I took the rifle and stripped it down to the barrel, receiver and the bolt. I took the parts and stripped mine down, I selected the best, or I thought were the best of the parts and reassembled my rifle. So far I’ve had it out 4 times, with multiple sessions with snap caps, the last range outing, it feed correctly about 98% of the time. While not perfect, it is much better than it ever was before. Again following the same mag theory as with the Precisions, it rifle now is at least to the point, where I no longer want to cut it in half. I’m not completely sold on it yet, but so far it seems like a positive trend, time will tell