Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
Nothing is really consistent with the market for most anything these days. You can see two (insert thing here) in near identical condition for sale two different places and the prices can be worlds apart. As always, when it comes to older/collectible things the value comes down to condition, how much someone is willing to pay for it, and the patience of the seller to wait for that right buyer to come along.

I guess I'm just not willing to pay the premium to call myself a 99 owner these days. Yes there are still some reasonably priced ones in common chamberings out there, but I've bought and sold similar ones in the past and have little interest in those. The only 99's that catch my eye these days are those in the rarer chamberings which naturally are worth more due to their scarcity. I have no real practical use or need for one which makes it hard to justify spending that kind of money on something that will just sit in the safe 99% of the time. I already have plenty of money tied up in safe dwellers and don't need more. The only exception I might make would be for an ultra-rare 99 in 7mm-08 or .22-250 in minty condition, but those are 'needle in a haystack' 99's that you rarely ever see and are usually pretty salty if/when you do see one for sale.
Thank you for your response!

So, how do these compare to what these should cost in today’s market—e.g., the two examples in the original post that I provided?

Also, you state you want a mint .250-3000. How close are these to mint? I’ve not seen many better lately. I do think the Guns International example has finish added later to the wood but, of course, the total cost was a few hundred dollars less than the auction example provided.