Quote Originally Posted by CFJunkie View Post
I didn't notice what model 6.5mm you have so I don't know if you have an AICS magazine or a standard Savage mag.

My three 6.5mms all started with Savage mags but I changed the hidden mag on the 12 FV to an Oryx chassis with an AICS mag.
Never had problems with the hidden mag feeding but the flimsy stock on the bargain 12 FV flexed during recoil so I changed to an Oryx chassis.
The only problems that I have had with the AICS mags came when I wanted to seat heavier bullets out longer than the mag liked.
Of the three, the model 10T-SR bolt was the most finicky. That has a standard Accu-stock and detachable Savage mag.
My 12 LRP had the same mag with an HS Precision stock (from the factory) and never had any feeding problems.
originally a heavy barreled model 11 with the craptastic plastic camo stock and oem detachable mag. now with the Archangel stock and its proprietary mags its almost 100% flawless but still gets the odd one that want to jump the case head just a hair over the bolt face. causing it to bind on the shoulder of the case and the chamber. the new stock and mags and cured it 99% of the time but ill get it to bind one out of ever 25-30 rounds or so. i was going to put it in a oryx chassis but really didnt want the feel of aluminum on my skin in cold weather or that ugly od green. might still get that chassis one day but would want it all black. the only downside to the AICS mags is the cost is not realistic for any magazine. i hear good things but only have had one rifle that used them and was never that impressed with them to be honest.