At distance optics are everything. You can't hit what you can't see. Spend money on good quality optics and you'll never go wrong. Buy once. Cry once. Some of my scopes have sat on numerous rifles. Rifles have sold but the scopes remain.

As a F-Class shooter one of the more important things to me in a scope is elevation adjustment. If you run out of elevation at 1k all you have left is hold over which doesn't work well with me or go with a 20MOA base and forget shooting at 100.

Since my brain works best in inches I run MOA and SFP. It what I have always used and I really don't like the reticule to obscure my view at high magnifications.

I have a NF SHV 5-20x56 MOAR on my antelope rifle it has plenty of adjustment to run 1K. Also with the reticule hash marks I can easily do holdover or windage adjustment without dialing if the need arises. I like the zero set turret. Easy to dial down to 100yd zero without having to remember which hash mark to line up with.. The eye box is not as critical as the Benchrest models and easier to line up on. New they are at the high end of your budget. You can find them used on eBay in your budget.