Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
Tper. I agree with you 100%. My points are that one must expect to do what i said or in all likelihood be dissappointed as you are.
Gottcha and I agree with you as week. And thanks for your insight, skill and obvious experience. And all else here is not directed at you but to add to the general information, virtually none of which I had benefit before making investment.

I guess I need to move on to a stock manufacturer that makes a decent product that is not a week long wood working project just to get in service and that will stand behind it, as it appears Boyd's will not: refusing to return phone calls or issue RMA by email.

My lengthy discourse here is to detail in retrospect and to forewarn others by comparison to all the chortling that has been going hereabouts re: the Boyd's product and how great they are and how drop in they are and how beaming everyone is about the results of this supposedly "finished" product, Randy Boyd videos not withstanding. And, the stock is a handsome product, just not a reliable one in all cases. Had I known the potential issues, I might have pressed Savage, Boyd's and forum members for more exact details on all this. But I didn't want to be intrusive and sifted all the available info on my own to make a decision. I relied on such information and dismissed all the complaints I saw about there service and how their product had to be tuned to work really.

There is another side here that needs to be known. I am out $260 and out of work for a year, but I can still afford the mistake. I don't want some other poor joe out here really on a budget to invest according to all the chortling and beaming about Boyd's, have it end like this and his kids don't eat the next month. All because of deception: unintended by the forum members for being so happy with their results (wish I was one) and by the manufacture for not being forthcoming about their product and its limitations.

Moving on to Stockade, McMillian or whoever will make the right product and stand behind it.

Thanks for your help and insight.