Gentlemen all...

It's a real pleasure to be on this site with good folks answering your questions. I'm appreciative. For that reason and that you took the time to post, here's an update.

From just after 9 AM until shooting hrs ended, yesterday I worked hard with my FFP scope. H-A-R-D. Different power settings - different distances out to 300 for shooting and further for glassing. There's no question, the scope is very capable. Far more capable than I am. All that said, we know that the FFP reticle shrinks at the lower powers. The lower powers I use for hunting.

For target work - absolutely no doubt - I made a good choice / purchase. But my personal scope priority is for close to medium range hunting. Where lower powers give me far better FOV - faster animal / reticle alignment. In hindsight, I should have stayed with what I've always used - SFP. Each focal plane has it's advantages and SFP works better for this older gentleman.

With help, I/we made the SFP work well at LR shooting school a month ago. Where I first learned of the advantages of FFP and began gearing up accordingly. A short detour in advancing my shooting skills - good lessons learned. Glad to be back to SFP.

Thank you again.