Quote Originally Posted by shoots100 View Post
You can't go wrong with a tipped projo on thin skinned game.
The 6.5 CM would be considered overkill for coyote, but you use what you got.
Good Luck.

SJC

Shoots...

My favorite Coyote cartridge is 243 Win. As my friend and I researched LR bullets for our .243s, we learned of the 105 / 110 / 115 grain bullets. We also learned the importance / requirements of twist rates to stabilize those heavier bullets. Our twists are not fast enough. We both decided a good first step in all this was to go to school on LR - learn some basics. We did. GREAT 2-day experience with our .243s - 90 gr BT's. The seriously H-E-A-V-Y winds on that mountain had a lot of fun with our bullets and Newbie accuracy. 2 very informative training days.

For now anyway, my friend is staying with .243. For more LR target experiences, I've moved to the 6.5 CR. You are right, it may not be the best Coyote cartridge but should prove accurate on Coyotes out to considerable distances. That's my plan for this rifle and bullet. Equal time on the target line with the 143 gr and in the field with the 130 gr looking for Wiley. Taking a hard look at some BT's as well for Wiley.

Once I get some time behind the trigger - I may just stick with 1 bullet for both rifle duties?? TBD. Learning as I go.

Cheers.