Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor bullet for Coyotes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    TAIDOG1

Cant wait to see your yote success pictures on in the hunting section.

Larry

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDSILLS View Post
    TAIDOG1

Cant wait to see your yote success pictures on in the hunting section.

Larry
    Me too Larry.

Friend and I are both self-employed. His free time is more limited than mine. As soon as his schedule opens up a bit...we're gone.

Basic Member
    I haven't called them in years. When I did my goto was a 788 in 22-250. I doubt I ever shot one more than 250 yards but I would let them come in but you always get that one who wants to hang up a ways out there.
    In thicker stuff I would also carry an old 500 with a extra full choke and shoot #4 Buck. We always used Circe calls but I bought an e-caller a while back.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    I haven't called them in years. When I did my goto was a 788 in 22-250. I doubt I ever shot one more than 250 yards but I would let them come in but you always get that one who wants to hang up a ways out there.
    In thicker stuff I would also carry an old 500 with a extra full choke and shoot #4 Buck. We always used Circe calls but I bought an e-caller a while back.
    If I had time to learn mouth calls, I would. Would definitely escalate the enjoyment / reward of the hunt. That time, however...I don't have. Wish I did.

Regrettably, and very unfortunately...my 6.5 CM with MIL scope has not worked out as planned...and yes, I put in some serious time reloading and at the bench shooting. My trusted .243 with SFP has come out of the safe. Starting another post to discuss hunting trip bullet selections for my friend and myself.

Thank you all...I sincerely appreciate your responding. :-)

Be safe & God bless.

Cheers.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taidog1 View Post
    If I had time to learn mouth calls, I would. Would definitely escalate the enjoyment / reward of the hunt. That time, however...I don't have. Wish I did.

Regrettably, and very unfortunately...my 6.5 CM with MIL scope has not worked out as planned...and yes, I put in some serious time reloading and at the bench shooting. My trusted .243 with SFP has come out of the safe. Starting another post to discuss hunting trip bullet selections for my friend and myself.

Thank you all...I sincerely appreciate your responding. :-)

Be safe & God bless.

Cheers.
    Very short learning curve with a good teacher. Most calls are ez to master as they almost all use the same reed design.