Quote Originally Posted by KMW1954 View Post
Thanks for the tips and replies all!

Right now the bullet is set at about .008" jamb which was set with a dummy case seated with the bolt. Which is the same way I would do my 223 loads and then start setback.

The thought behind the .5gr powder loads was to basically see if I could eliminate loads of a powder. Which in this case looks like all but maybe the 2460. There was no speeds recorded, just shooting for groups and POI shifts. I do believe I'll reload and test that 2460 loading using .2gr increments. Starting with the 26.0gr load and doing two loads above and two loads below.

Wind was the main reason I shot this all yesterday as it was the lightest winds we have had in week at about 5mph directly towards the benches. Today is heavy overcast and the flag is standing straight out again.

Fug' I get static all the time about wanting a 6ARC Bolt gun but I do know what it is and where it progressed from. Especially the 6PPC. My intention is to use this in a modified bench league to compete with the 6mm BR and Dasher guys at distances of 100-300yds. Believing this should do a bit better at 300yds than the 6PPC.
My thoughts on this as a whole, you must enjoy the journey because a 6 br will shoot a hell of a lot smaller than the targets you are producing now with a lot less work and money.
i don’t mean any disrespect it’s just that many experienced wildcatters have tried to out shoot the ppc and 6 br, the 30 br is king for score but if the 223 or 6 arc was up to the task someone would be shooting and winning with it already.