Quote Originally Posted by J A XSP View Post
When I opened the box, I chambered a sized case and a loaded round just to see how tight or loose the chamber was cut. There was immediately no doubt that this has a "target" chamber. Nothing just drops in. There's ever so slight friction most of the way into the chamber. It's not the least bit hard to push the round in but the case feels the chamber wall the whole way. The throat is short and precise with maybe .050 or so to the lands when using the crimp ring on the bullets I tried today. I know that chambers don't have to be perfect for a barrel to be pretty accurate, but it's really, really cool when it's cut to demanding specs. :)

The frame that I'll use for this barrel will have to accommodate at least one more from time to time but I have a feeling that this barrel will be the one that stays set up and ready to go most of the time. If I get a chance to do some walking on my son's place next fall and winter, I feel pretty certain that this is the rig I'll carry. I'm digging my 44 mag carbine barrel, for sure, but this thing is pushing all the right buttons for me. :)
My favorite chambers are the ones you have to wait a few seconds for the brass to cool off, I hate sloppy neck chambers