Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
I've been there and experienced the same feelings. Like you, a once in a lifetime hunting adventure for Alaskan moose and also a one time opportunity to shoot. The same decisions, do I or do I not? I chose not to and that grand bull moose lived on to father, I hope, many more like himself.

It was an easy decision with him standing brisket deep in a beaver pond, raking vegetation from the bottom with his massive rack, and nothing but short black spruce on surrounding muskeg to rely on getting for him out. That image is forever etched in my memory and I find solace in having done the right thing.

Thanks for sharing your experience, truly enjoyed your writing style.

Thanks Phil. I had another day or 2 to hunt...BUT...bad weather was definitely on its way and coming fast. In the end, like yourself (GOOD ON YOU SIR), I made the right decision. My bear squared out at 6' 11". Believe me when I say...that measurement fell way down on the list of what made that hunt GREAT.

I easily have a few dozen images from that hunt that I will hold onto forever...wish I could share them with everyone here.

If Johnny was still available, I would sell my car and walk everywhere just so I could hunt with him again. A true Professional...never a single moment wasted in his good company.

Be good Phil.

Cheers.