Thread: Savage getting it done.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Thanks for sharing with us. The PTA's make a terrific platform.
    Yes they are !! With a few ongoing mods and load development work,
    I'm looking forward to 2024.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Basic Member
    Fuj, do you ever take reloading gear to a match weekend? Or do you just make sure you load more than enough rounds for the match plus sighters?

The BR guys I knew way back when reloaded after a day or string and used only a few select cases. I just never paid attention to what they used.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Fuj, do you ever take reloading gear to a match weekend? Or do you just make sure you load more than enough rounds for the match plus sighters?

The BR guys I knew way back when reloaded after a day or string and used only a few select cases. I just never paid attention to what they used.
    I pretty much load at home what I need. You'll see a lot of gear set up at big match's where
    shooters are constantly checking / re-checking seating depths or adding / subtractiing charge
    weights in between relay's.....Bottom line is, I love to shoot, and compete, but I don't get anal
    about it. Quite a few of the top shooters here in Pa. I shoot with don't load at the match's.

Basic Member
    Thanks, that's kinda what I thought.

The more I think about it.....Your going to find that "group" shooters are more apt to
    load at a match where most "score" shooters don't.

Basic Member
    That's interesting. I would have thought the reverse.

Team Savage
    Fuj'

I have learned allot not only from this post but from your comments on my thread. THANK YOU. Fact is I should of listened to you when you stated I don't need a new barrel nut. After getting the new barrel and nut now I see why! I will indeed listen next time you make a suggestion.

I feel your frustrations about a rifle going out to left field on a match. But the learning experience afterwards I believe is "almost" nearly as good as placing. You should be very proud of what you have learned and corrected why it went south. To me you did not lose at all.

You say your not a Carbon Copy guy, well I am at this time as I am learning about all the modern changes in Savages and their potential for competition. Savage is not a Model 70 Winchester nor is a 700 Rem. with decades of mods for accuracy and precision. A Savage competition platform is definitely a new game and IMHO it has a bright future in competition.

Allot is owed to men like you. Especially when one is strongly considering the competition game with a Savage platform.

Larry