Ed: Yup, this is not the way I normally do things - I don't buy a cheap item and make it better. If I was doing it over again I'd purchase a CZ or Tikka but I didn't know then what I know now about .22 rifles and pistols - Savage disappointed me. Yesterday, I gave the A22 one more chance to let me down but it didn't. - 5 shot 50 yard groups measured outside edge to outside edge were under .85 and that's with a bipod (.85 is the 10 ring size on a TQ3 50 yard target). I could have done better with my front/rear rest set up. Hopefully, it will improve even more with the Jard. With a new weapon out of the box who knows what I'd get and I don't know what more I can ask of a rifle it it shoots 10's and X's consistently.

The closest matches to me are 2 hours 1 way in Phoenix or 1 hour one way west of Tucson. The Tucson group were a unfriendly lot. My range is 10 minutes from my house and I shoot ARA targets and Bench by myself at 50 yards - 100 yards is just too much hiking back and forth. There's a small pick up group I shoot with sometimes that shoots KYL but it's informal. I have the KYL target and mostly shoot that by myself. MY range is 95% pistol matches. A organized KYL match (like you see on youtube) can't get started but the KYL shooters are trying to get it going.

Get as much shooting as you can when you can because the weather in your neck of the woods could be changing to winter soon!!!

Don