Thread: 375 jdj

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

375 jdj

Recently picked up a 12" 375 JDJ contender setup. Frame is the original configuration with a 4x luepy on luepy rings also got 2 boxes of factory ammo , 400 bullets and 300 pcs of new brass...oh almost forgot a lb of powder and a new set of dies. Took a medium sized wt doe with it, she sure does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by con10der View Post
    Took a medium sized wt doe with it, she sure does the job.
    Congrats! Sounds like a winner!!

Basic Member

Wink

Congratulations on your doe and purchase!! Did you factory ammo?

Wife and I made a road trip Friday to meet our son at the Wheeling WV Cabela’s store. He’s done deer hunting so
    I got my 257 JDJ Encore rifle and 257 JDJ Contender pistol back. Gave him a pair of 375 JDJ’s to take with him to
    Oklahoma this weekend. Son worked internship with the South Dakota wildlife chasing geese off farmers crops. He worked with another kid who invited him to come out duck & boar hunting. sure hope he’s able to shoot one with each.

Hard to go wrong with a 375 JDJ If you can hit it, IT will handle it
    Enjoy
    Doug

Just about the ballistic pinnacle for the Contender platform.

I stoke mine with the 270 gr Hornady spire point. Should take anything that walks the earth.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Basic Member
    If a person can handle the recoil and aiming, it can get the job done at most ranges. I’ve killed deer to 200yds with mine.