Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullberry legacy

Bullberry legacy

Wonder what is wrong with bullberry website? I cant get on it. What if a man wanted a barrel?

anyone shooting a bullberry barrel? I Had one many yrs ago that i bought to use on my first contender action. It was a 15” matte blue 6x47.

Sorry but That is old news and only somewhat correct. Fred the original owner did retire, but it reopened as “Bullberry legacy” with his worker troy as owner.

What if a man wanted a barrel?
    guess you could try here

https://www.bullberrylegacy.com/

I've gotten a couple of barrels from Troy since he took over Bullberry and changed the name to Bullberry Legacy. Very high quality and Troy is extremely conscientious and quality-conscious. Just get in touch and put in an order.

Thanks wbm. I guess the link works now. It was down a long time today.

I’ve only had 2 of their barrels. 12” 7/30 and an 8” 357 mag match. That mag was awesome accurate and quite a hoot to shoot! One of these days I reckon I’ll get another Bullberry.

Most accurate barrel I owned was Bullberry 10" .223rem. Shot a 5 shoot group 1"@ 300 yds with 35gr ballistic tips. A short barrel and short bullets, the odds were against that happening. I was a good no wind day.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

I’ve had several and have bullberrys. They are top notch. Bluing is very well done.

Basic Member
    I have a half dozen of Fred's barrels. Mostly small stuff 17AH, 17 mach1V, 17 Rem, 22 K-Hornet, 357 max. carbine stocks and a assortment of forends. The 17 Rem barrel is from his days in Las Vegas. All good stuff and the stocks really fit me well.

Iowa fox….wish you would post ANY 22 K hornet info or range reports you have. Im probably gonna order one.

Basic Member
    Kyode I wish I had a magic load for you but I don't. This barrel is a stainless 12" bull on the Encore frame. I've got a 2 3/4 inch Ga Jim forend on using a Bullberry hanger bar and the regular old factory black rubber grip. A Burris 3x9 pistol scope with signature rings off a Fuzz Rest. 11.5 gr of 296 under a 40 V Max or Ballistic tip gives me the best accuracy. It will let me give it more powder but the groups start to slowly open up. I've got plenty of Lil Gun but for some reason I never got around to trying it in the K Hornet.

Team Savage
    You will be happy with a Bullberry barrel. I have two , a
    .20 mink and a .223. I also have 2 on order - a .17AH and a .222Rem Mag imp. Looking forward to both of them. He is running a 6 or 7 month lead time. Since Troy took over he is a 1 man shop. Jim

Did you place an order yet? We wanna know what it is.

Nope

Basic Member
    Kyode

Would I order another K Hornet? Probably not. Along with the Encore barrel I have a Win 1885 in K Hornet. Both barrels reamed as K Hornets not a reamed Hornet chamber. 3 regular Hornets here also.

Based on empirical experience I'll take a nice tightly chambered standard Hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post

Based on empirical experience I'll take a nice tightly chambered standard Hornet.
    I have a Bullberry Hornet barrel and their reamer (still in use, I'm sure) is ground to minimum specs. The chamber is snug, for sure. Fired brass that I had leftover from a TC factory barrel wouldn't come close to chambering.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Kyode

Would I order another K Hornet? Probably not. Along with the Encore barrel I have a Win 1885 in K Hornet. Both barrels reamed as K Hornets not a reamed Hornet chamber. 3 regular Hornets here also.

Why not? I have k hornet dies already and thinking about ordering! Just been trying to decide between mgm and bullberry, and between blue or ss.

Basic Member
    That's why I prefer Bullberry barrels. Nice chambers and nice throats.

The last barrel that I ordered Fred asked me what bullet I planned to use. When I told him he said that's the bullet I use in mine. He said I'll throat it in a separate operation for that bullet.

Well….its official. I ordered me a custom bullberry contender barrel in 22k hornet. Been saving pocket change and had picked up a piece here and there for a couple yrs lol. Likely my last barrel…..probably….maybe. Looks like its 6 months out. Only thing i need is a set of scope rings now, but i will have to check n see if i already have some.
    actually i hope to attach the barrel to an ssk50 frame.

Basic Member

Do you know how many times I've said "This is my last one".

I can imagine. I seriously don’t have time for what i do have. I need load work on several as it is. Oh there are definitely some id like to have yet for sure lol. Im not one to sell one and buy another usually. I hang on for dear life lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KYODE View Post

actually i hope to attach the barrel to an ssk50 frame.
    That's what we're all hoping!! I think the last 3 barrels I've bought (over a year or more), I've figured that they'd sit on an SSK frame. I haven't given up and I'll dang sure take my allotment if and when they finally start shipping but I've tried to find TC frames in the mean time to set up whatever I can.

I’m thrilled you finally moved forward with getting your K!

Yep BT been on my mind a long time now lol. Its hard to commit to todays higher prices as well. But….the timing is right.

Bullberry ended up winning my “choice” between ssk and mgm. I think all 3 can be good choices though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast