Thread: 375 jdj

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just about the ballistic pinnacle for the Contender platform.

I stoke mine with the 270 gr Hornady spire point. Should take anything that walks the earth.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Basic Member
    If a person can handle the recoil and aiming, it can get the job done at most ranges. I’ve killed deer to 200yds with mine.

That's a cartridge I have never owned but always wanted to try, I think I would probably put it in an Encore.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Absolute hammer on game. They are a handful but manageable.

You got quite a package! Enough components to keep you going for a long time.

I had a 15” factory Encore barrel that was fitted with a brake from Williams sight company. Got a buck and a doe with it, but sorta lost interest in the 375. Sure was a *****cat with the very effective brake.

You're in good company with this family of friends

Basic Member
    Have not killed anything with my 375 JDJ yet. Should take anything i come across and probably you also. Have taken deer and hogs with 375 win barrel though and with 309 and 358 JDJ's and they all worked well. Congrats on your doe.