Thread: 375 jdj

375 jdj

Recently picked up a 12" 375 JDJ contender setup. Frame is the original configuration with a 4x luepy on luepy rings also got 2 boxes of factory ammo , 400 bullets and 300 pcs of new brass...oh almost forgot a lb of powder and a new set of dies. Took a medium sized wt doe with it, she sure does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by con10der View Post
    Took a medium sized wt doe with it, she sure does the job.
    Congrats! Sounds like a winner!!

Basic Member

Wink

Congratulations on your doe and purchase!! Did you factory ammo?

Wife and I made a road trip Friday to meet our son at the Wheeling WV Cabela’s store. He’s done deer hunting so
    I got my 257 JDJ Encore rifle and 257 JDJ Contender pistol back. Gave him a pair of 375 JDJ’s to take with him to
    Oklahoma this weekend. Son worked internship with the South Dakota wildlife chasing geese off farmers crops. He worked with another kid who invited him to come out duck & boar hunting. sure hope he’s able to shoot one with each.

Hard to go wrong with a 375 JDJ If you can hit it, IT will handle it
    Enjoy
    Doug

Just about the ballistic pinnacle for the Contender platform.

I stoke mine with the 270 gr Hornady spire point. Should take anything that walks the earth.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Basic Member
    If a person can handle the recoil and aiming, it can get the job done at most ranges. I’ve killed deer to 200yds with mine.

That's a cartridge I have never owned but always wanted to try, I think I would probably put it in an Encore.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Absolute hammer on game. They are a handful but manageable.

You got quite a package! Enough components to keep you going for a long time.

I had a 15” factory Encore barrel that was fitted with a brake from Williams sight company. Got a buck and a doe with it, but sorta lost interest in the 375. Sure was a *****cat with the very effective brake.

You're in good company with this family of friends

Basic Member
    Have not killed anything with my 375 JDJ yet. Should take anything i come across and probably you also. Have taken deer and hogs with 375 win barrel though and with 309 and 358 JDJ's and they all worked well. Congrats on your doe.

Basic Member
    Son used my 375 JDJ 16 1/4 inch carbine to shoot a hog in Oklahoma this week. guys he hunted with were kidding him about his little rifle.

Basic Member
    May be a little rifle but big results. Congrats on the hog.

love the stubby hammer!Congrats

Basic Member
    Ever deer I shot with my 14" 375JDJ no matter the placement it was one shot and down, I have only used 220's, I had one deer that I couldn't get a good shot at its vital area so I figured if I put a round through its hips it would be down then I could get a kill shot, the shot was only around 80-85 yards and by the time I got to the deer it was dead. I guess dumping all that energy was just too much I did lose about 4-5 lbs. of meat.

The only other caliber that comes close to the 375 is the 460 S&W even with 200 grain loads it is just awesome.

375 jdj

HHI6818, My 375JDJ is close to what you have. I really like shooting the 225 grn Sierra's or Hornady bullets. I didn't get some 270grn Lehigh bullets and powder but haven't loaded them yet.
    Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DdjepSe.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	9078

Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    HHI6818, My 375JDJ is close to what you have. I really like shooting the 225 grn Sierra's or Hornady bullets. I didn't get some 270grn Lehigh bullets and powder but haven't loaded them yet.
    Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DdjepSe.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	9078
    Had one just like that. Even had my Name Engraved on it when JD built it for me. Gave it to my son when he graduated and somebody decided they needed it more than he did. Stole it and several other toys (I guess life happens). Have bought another one and am working on getting it setup and running, but just too many irons in the fire. Really want to get it going since I found the Proper (375 JDJ Headstamped) new Hornady brass to see how it compares with brass formed from 444. Not really hard to form but I do like brass with the correct headstamp. Hopefully I will get around to it soon. Gotta love the 375JDJ
    Safe shooting
    Doug
    Enjoy Life but remember we are only practicing for something Better.

Basic Member
    I just bought a T/C Contender barrel in .375 JDJ and was wondering the opinions on either having it Magnaported or the SSK Arrestor muzzle brake installed?