I know this has been discussed before which is why I am reaching out for suggestions or direction.

The gun is a Model 11 receiver and bolt that was originally a 243. I changed the bolt head and baffle with parts from Gun Shack to swap it to a 223. Started working up loads and soon started to see cratering and a few pierced. Seeing this happen with loads that are way below max.

I ran a thread about this on another forum an caught a lot of flack from people certain this was an over pressure issue. To the point of being called names and being flamed. David Hoback responded with the bolt head bushing and also about the firing pin. Someone else reponded it was the CCI400 primers being too soft. So I tried some Remington 7 1/2 and it went away. Though it worked and remedied a problem I feel that is only a band-aide and not a fix.

I can say I have shot these same loads in a Model 10 223 and an Axis 223 with no signs of cratering.

What I can contemplating:
Replace the bolt head and firing pin.
Have the bolt head bushed
Swapping the barrels on two of the guns. The Model 11 has a new Model 12 Varmint that currently has less than 200 rounds, so to remove and place this barrel into my model 10 that I was already looking to replace the barrel with a Shilen

Last question, from the past as I recall this model 11 has the new style firing pin. Measured the pin extension uncocked and get .0556" and recommended in .025" and I don't know about pin radius.