Lol! Yeah.... nothing really “innovating” here. Just happen to know a. Good bit about metals and be OK at making things from it.

I had though about making a new style pin. I want to. Unfortunately, I don’t have one to measure & use as reference.....or any of the associated parts for one. But, hopefully one day I will. We’ve discussed in the past, & I know you are more fond of the new style. I will say, the new style has been growing on me, looking at it online. But I simply did this for now because I enjoy doing this stuff.

Oh, and yes...it is slightly longer. Only. A bit..the picture is deceiving as the new pin is in front. It’s only longer at the tip. And there is actually less thread/flat portion, which keeps more mass of material. I measured everything & sized it like this by purpose. Better to have a heavier striker pin. Just as a thinner diameter in the front deliver more force to the primer, so does more weight behind the same size tip. Lock time is over hyped(which I know you know). It’s not an auto! I couldn’t care less about lock time. Still need to to turn down the very front portion to fit the outlet of my PTG bolt head; once I heat treat. (I had to order some more 309 SS foil wrap. Prevents decarb) The PTG I have fits a #50 (.070”) drill bit perfectly! My stock firing pin is .068” & slightly loose.