Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
This should be rather easy to do with a Horizontal end mill and an extended bit to get the depth than you need. Using a milling bit, you don't need to worry about it drifting if you aren't centered on the bedding block.
i would agree, trouble is no one around here with the proper tooling is willing to either work on anything firearm related, or take the risk of destroying the stock. I simply don't have the machining tools to do it myself and i fear my drill press is just not in anyway going to help me here. I can 100% guarantee the spigot is larger in diameter than the thickness of the aluminum. Clearly the spigot could be turned down some. So plunge milling would work just fine if it can be done so at that dept. Milling a deep channel inside the barrel channel would probably work too as long as some aluminum is left behind for me to use the 2 swivel studs to (bolt) the spigot to the bedding block then glass fill the channel. My issue is no one local is willing to give it a go. I know im being stubborn but if i cannot get the set up i want with this stock, ill replace it with one i personally can modify to my liking. Just a real bummer at this point.