decided to take it to a smith that i know, and have him do it on a lathe. Not sure when i'll have the time to do so, but that is now the plan, and yes its a full aluminum block all the way except for the first half inch or so. So the spigot will be embedded into the aluminum making a very sable bipod mount.
the reason i want this setup is, well, i love the looks and stability of the Fortmeier Bipod, and i want a spigot mount directly embedded into the stock. This does 3 things
1 moves the bipod about as far forward as reasonably possible
2 stows inline with the stock when folded so its a bit more compact
3 is extremely quick to remove and reattach the bipod for times you just don't need/want it there without anything on the forearm when removed.

On another note there is no stronger way to attach a bipod. A swivel stud is ok for a range gun. This rifle is going to be my deadicated hunting rig that i plan to travel with. Wanting to do some trophy hunting as well as culling. I also plan on going to west texas where there is a bit of a hog problem and wide open range to try my hand at extended ranges. Popping balloons in the wind on my property at 500 yards is fun and all, but i want to do more before i'm to old to have the chance. So im building a rifle that is very capable yet extremely durable. Optics are still up in the air but im leaning towards biting the bullet for a schmidt & bender, overkill i'm sure but im wanting this to be my "forever" rifle.

I know that is a lot of info, but it should better explain why i like the bipod set up im going with.