Hello there. New guy here with his first ever Bolt gun (shot plenty but first time I’ve actually owned my own). I personally hate to keep anything bone stock (pun intended) and while i love my 110 Hog Hunter in 308, the stock and mag are absolutely horrible (from a “tactical” firearm guy). Part of the reason i went with the Savage 110 platform was because of the aftermarket support and ability to switch out to a new stock/chassis. While this rifle is for blind hunting only, I do have lots of hogs on my lease and may actually shoot more than 4 times so the ability to have more rounds and/or quickly change mags is a necessity.

I have been hoping that Magpul would release their Hunter stock for the 110 but I’ve also been eyeing the MDT XRS Hybrid Chassis. The only issue I’ve seen with both of these (and caused because i didn’t know what i didn’t know) is that the Hog hunt is a BBR rifle and frankly, to my eye, even though they say the support both, i don’t see how a bottom metal conversion to a AICS mag can work with the BBR. I’ve seen some guys on here that appear to have a BBR like mine and was wondering if you guys could school a new to bolt and 110 platform dude. Pictures would be greatly appreciated as my brain has been melted due to work.

Thanks
QD