Quote Originally Posted by Scttschnd View Post
I have an Elftman trigger for my Axis II Precision, got light primer hits with it. Would not fire. Put the OEM trigger back in and it works. Was not happy with this so it the bag in the drawer it sits.

Yes, we had discussed your situation before Scott. Look, I’m not a fan of the Elftmann personally, but your situation is due to your limited understanding of the trigger function. The Sear is binding on the trigger, which is slowing its travel. It’s likely due to too little overtravel, as was mentioned. That’s all. This is easily fixed, again, with expert knowledge of trigger/Sear function. I’m sorry it hasn’t worked for you. I still prefer my modified Accutriggers over anything else.

Edit: one other thing I realized, people don’t like buying products only to find things need to be modified. It’s not expected in these times. But understand, while we have the luxury of Prefit barrel & such, Savages are not AR15’s or Glocks! Things don’t always go perfectly and may need a bit of fitting or modification. You know, years ago when I started building 1911’s, an aftermarket Trigger, Sear, Disconnector & Hammer are purchased, then each piece would need hand fit to function correctly. So ya have to spend like $200 in parts, and then either know how to or pay a Gunsmith to install the parts. There were virtually no Prefit parts for the 1911 years ago. I just think sometimes it’s expectations which are the problem.