Thread: Savage 11 blew up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Its a serious enough issue that Savage should be willing to do whatever the customer is more comfortable doing.
    Id personally be taking it to someone like Sharpshooter who is well known by Savage.
    Let them go to the trouble of sending someone there to wittness the disassembly and analize the issue.
    I would not be giving up control of things at this point.
    Savage would send somebody to SSS? I have no ground to doubt your statement that SSS is "well known by Savage", but, Savage send someone to SSS? I hope that is somehow true.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    Savage would send somebody to SSS? I have no ground to doubt your statement that SSS is "well known by Savage", but, Savage send someone to SSS? I hope that is somehow true.
    Fact is that any slip and fall lawyer would be salivating over being handed a case like this.
    Wether or not you choose to go that route is your call, but handing over the evidence wouldnt be advisable imop.
    Wether they chose to send someone would be their call as well, but it could possibly strengthen their position depending on the findings, especially since a qualified independent unbiased person was involved.
    Im not qualified to have any opinion as to what could have been the cause of this incident.
    But one thing bothers me, that being that as i understand it, the bolt was ejected from the gun.
    Ive seen guns blow up, several of which were intentional just to see how much powder it took to do it.
    But in none of those situations did the bolt body fail to remain in the action.