Thread: Savage A22 & B22 Precision Series

Savage A22 & B22 Precision Series

Has anyone picked up one of these? I've not seen very many reviews, wonder how they compare to the Ruger.

Basic Member
    22 Plinkster's review on the B22 Precision -

https://youtu.be/n0la-n14t4w

I have the B17 Precision. Love it!

Id be interested to hear more about them too. Starting to look for open class rifles for next year, currently my B22FV has served me well but I despise the amount of flex in the forend.

Quote Originally Posted by RN923 View Post
    Id be interested to hear more about them too. Starting to look for open class rifles for next year, currently my B22FV has served me well but I despise the amount of flex in the forend.
    I would be glad to answer any questions. This is my first rifle in .17 hmr, and not sure why I waited so long to shoot with this laser beam of a round. You will be hard pressed to find any flex in the MDT chassis, but be warned that it is a heavy package.

Well I found a reasonable deal on a B22 Precision, just delivered this morning. Looks like its going to be fun.

Interested in reports/reviews on the b22 precision but not finding much. We do have them in Canada but . don’t know if they are selling. Much more is coming out re the Tika T1x. What’s happening in the U.S.?

I just picked up a B22 Precision and love it with one exception. Every 30 or 40 rounds it will fail to eject. I can clean it thoroughly and every thing is fine for another 30 or 40 rounds and then it will fail to eject. and that is with multiple brands of ammo. Anyone else had a similar problem? Other than that it is very accurate with CCI standard velocity, great trigger, fun to shoot when it will cycle. Open to suggestions.

The trigger is awesome!
    I've been out with mine, I've have no issues with the B22. Installed an EGW 20MOA rail, but due to constant the wind lately, it's not worth shooting on the wide open farm land.
    I did get a picture when I was out behind the shed/beside the truck trying to hide out of the freaking wind.

Savage B22 22lr c/w Vortex Crossfire 4-12*50 AO

Looking forward to the ranges opening back up so I can shoot relatively protected from the wind.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Czy_Horse View Post
    The trigger is awesome!
    I've been out with mine, I've have no issues with the B22. Installed an EGW 20MOA rail, but due to constant the wind lately, it's not worth shooting on the wide open farm land.
    I did get a picture when I was out behind the shed/beside the truck trying to hide out of the freaking wind.

Savage B22 22lr c/w Vortex Crossfire 4-12*50 AO

Looking forward to the ranges opening back up so I can shoot relatively protected from the wind.
    Nice looking rifle. Is your shooting bench homemade?

Quote Originally Posted by Don G View Post
    Nice looking rifle. Is your shooting bench homemade?
    Thanks. Yes I replaced the wooden top on an old Stanley Work-Mate to use as a shooting bench. Works real well to take the kick out of big bore rifles or shot gun c/w slugs when zeroing scopes. I put the 25lb weight on the lead sled & another 10 lbs on the front of the bench. It moves when you shoot, does a nice gentle rock back when shooting the heaviest loads in my 45-70Gov, 444Marlin or 300Win Mag.

Better view

Folds down to about 18-20" high for storage & transport.

I got the $50 USD rebate cheque from Savage yesterday. Just in time to buy some ammo, the Ontario Government is letting the ranges open up on the 19th.