Thread: McGowen Precision Barrels

Advertiser

Smile McGowen Precision Barrels

Been a while since we've been in here. Our great customers have done a lot of the let work for us on these forums.

What's new?

1. We're working on cut rifling. Currently waiting on some first article cutter tooling to arrive to test. We've worked long and hard to ensure that everything works just right. We've sent a prototype out to Randy Wise, a well-known bolt action pistol competitor and so far, so good. Keep watching for updates on our website http://www.mcgowenbarrel.com

2. We're also upgrading our button rifling system. Completely new machine designed by our in-house engineer (yes, we was actually a rocket scientist :) ) that will ensure that the rifling twist that you desire is exactly what you get. Our current system works fantastic but we decided to upgrade the electronics to make it more user friendly.

3. We've expanded to over 15,000 square feet in the heart of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, only a short drive to Glacier National Park.

4. Our sister company Carbon Six, who uses our blanks at the heart of their barrels are fast becoming word-of-mouth out there for fit, finish and outstanding accuracy.

5. Our other sister company, Duplessis Rifle Company is narrowing in on their action. You should start seeing some press on that very soon. You'll see nothing anywhere like it.

Drop in to our site or give us a call anytime. We're here to help put that smile back on your face.

Looking forward to the upgrades. Have 2 Mcgowen's and are sweet shooters!
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Team Savage
    Upgrades look good. It is always good to see well established companies and businesses making steps to stay up-to-date on technologies and the like. I only have one McGowen barrel but it shoots way better than I ever will. Now, if you can get some better hats so I can represent at the range...

Basic Member
    I have 2 McGowen barrels, but I have been pitching business your way every chance I can. I have 3 buddies that have recently purchased barrels and all are amazing shooters!!!

Advertiser
    Thank you. We strive to put out the best that we can, but we look at it this way, if you're not striving to continue to improve you become stagnant and forgotten

Advertiser
    We're always looking at new designs for hats. Have an idea of what you're looking for?

Advertiser
    Thank you. We've built our reputation on a lot of word-of-mouth advertising, so we try to do things a little better than anyone else. You'll be seeing us more and more out there and the improvements to continue.

Advertiser
    Thank you. Anytime you're ready for that new one, give us a call!

Basic Member
    My brother got a coupon last summer for a McGowen barrel on a prize table. So far he has shot 2 matches with it and really likes it! Kind of has me thinking about getting a 7mm Rem Mag barrel. I would sure like to have an accurate 7mm Rem Mag again. I had a super accurate Browning AB2 that I shot out the barrel and I figured it wasn't worth rebarreling when it got shot out.
    I got a couple Savage 7mm Rem Mags that only shot about 1MOA, and now have an AB3 that shoots about 1 1/2 MOA. Since my standards are a bit higher than that I have been perpetually disappointed. I have a huge amount of Brand new and once fired 7mag brass, so I want to get an aftermarket barrel that is going to live up to my standards. Maybe this is my sign to get another accurate 7 mag! I have a Savage long action with a Magnum bolt head just waiting for a barrel!

So maybe I am in the market for a Savage small shank or if I could get a barrel nut setup for the Browning.

Basic Member
    Smart move. There's a lot of custom bolt action receivers that are using Savage barrel threads. I'll be looking forward to your cut rifle barrels too. Are you going to use Northland Shooters Supply as a distributor similar to Shilen and Criterion barrels?
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by McGowenRifle View Post
    We're always looking at new designs for hats. Have an idea of what you're looking for?
    Well, I think a White or Gray hat with the Black Logo and Black and gold Text would look sharp as heck. Basically like what is on the Inventory list image, logoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	mcgowen (2).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	6089

Team Savage
    McGowen is at the top of my list for an upcoming build.
    Last edited by PhilC; 05-30-2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Advertiser
    Unfortunately we will not be using Northland as a distributor..

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
    My brother got a coupon last summer for a McGowen barrel on a prize table. So far he has shot 2 matches with it and really likes it! Kind of has me thinking about getting a 7mm Rem Mag barrel. I would sure like to have an accurate 7mm Rem Mag again. I had a super accurate Browning AB2 that I shot out the barrel and I figured it wasn't worth rebarreling when it got shot out.
    I got a couple Savage 7mm Rem Mags that only shot about 1MOA, and now have an AB3 that shoots about 1 1/2 MOA. Since my standards are a bit higher than that I have been perpetually disappointed. I have a huge amount of Brand new and once fired 7mag brass, so I want to get an aftermarket barrel that is going to live up to my standards. Maybe this is my sign to get another accurate 7 mag! I have a Savage long action with a Magnum bolt head just waiting for a barrel!

So maybe I am in the market for a Savage small shank or if I could get a barrel nut setup for the Browning.
    Want2Ride, give us a call any time. And we've put many a barrel on Browning A-Bolts, if you change your mind about re-barreling it, let me know

Basic Member
    Got a couple McGowens and they shoot really good. Excellent quality. I have another sitting in the safe that will go on my 338 Lapua eventually but haven't installed it yet. Looking forward to that one too!

Team Savage
    I have a McGowen on a Model 111, all head spaced, mounted on SSS Monte Carlo, test fired by McG's gunsmith. No excuses why I haven't fired it myself other than not having pocket change for a quality scope it deserves.

Half way through the estimated wait on my 22-250 barrel

Basic Member
    I have had one of your barrels for almost 10 years and it is one of the best barrels I have ever used. It is chambered in 300 Blackout and it shoots so well it wound up in my test rig. It, literally, has thousands of rounds and still shoots great.

Advertiser
    Guys & Gals,

Still time to get your barrel before hunting season. We strive to meet or beat our estimated turnaround time. Of course we do have to stick to our quality requirements so as the old saying goes "I'd rather have it right than fast"
    Give us a call anytime for what you need. We're adding new rifling twists all the time. If you go to http://mcgowenbarrel.com/bore-groove/ you'll see all the caliber/twist combinations we currently offer and the # of grooves for each combination we do. It's updated anytime we get something new in, so check back often. You can also follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mcgowen.barrel we are constantly posting updates on sales and our upcoming cut rifled barrels.

Team Savage

Thumbs Up Great barrels

I have a pair of model 10 223s and both are fitted with 8 twist McGowen barrels so that I can shoot heavy bullets long range at small chucks. Both are 26 inch varmint profile and deliver exceptional accuracy. Can't go wrong.