Ya they came through just fine.

Where to start?

The checkering isn't factory Savage. The front sight has been added, not original, same with the scope mounting blocks. The rear Lyman peep sight for a model 23 would be a 48Y, that is a Lyman 48 sight but definitely not a Y so someone has bought a Lyman 48 and had the gun drilled and tapped for that as well. The tang safety is not original. The sling mounts are not Savage original and added as well. At first I thought they were Savage #7's that someone had nickle plated but after a good look realised they weren't. The trigger guard is original but it's been nickle plated as well as the mag well.

All in all I can safely say Savage didn't do the work to that gun, the checkering isn't remotely original Savage work.

It is however a really nice gun and someone put alot of money into a gunsmithing shop somewhere, I'm kind of surprised with the amount of work done to it that the smith didn't leave a stamp or signature somewhere on that gun.

If you want to pursue it more and have doubts on my take on it you can write to Savage Arms historian with a check for $65 and have it lettered but I'd say it would be a waste of $65. About all you'll get back is a note telling you when it was made, who it originally went to and a generic statement of barrel length, caliber, etc, etc.